Requisition Number: 45794
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Corning’s Display Technologies segment manufactures glass substrates for active matrix liquid crystal displays (“LCDs”) that are used primarily in LCD televisions, notebook computers and flat panel desktop monitors.
Purpose of the Position:
- Ensures client group has the right number and type of talent required to execute division strategy and achieve desired business results
- Ensures client group realizes required levels of employee productivity and performance excellence required to execute division strategy and achieve desired business results
- Ensures client group establishes and maintains a positive work environment
- Assists in achieving budgetary objectives in support of top quartile performance objectives while maintaining appropriate level of HR service delivery
- Scales the type and level of HR service provided to client groups in anticipation of the specific needs of the division’s business portfolio and in conjunction with the business strategy
- Ensures the successful implementation of global HR business processes within the client group
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Identifies and prioritizes current and future talent requirements of the client groups which could affect achievement of client group operational objectives;
• Partners with client group to identify and implement a compelling employee value proposition that enables them to attract and retain the number and type of talent required to close talent gaps
• Partners with client group to identify and implement targeted client group and individual development plans that address targeted talent gaps in a timely manner
• Effectively deploys performance management and rewards processes/practices within client groups to drive required levels of employee accountability for desired performance results and ensure retention of top performers • Effectively deploys HR shared service delivery model in support of HR transformational goals and required levels of client support
• Collaborates closely with HR group to ensure standardization across regions and divisions and ensure that the type and level of services fully support achievement of division business objectives
• Collaborates closely with the Regional HRD/local HRM to ensure legal compliance on HR practices in that country for the client groups
• Holds client managers and leaders accountable in development and implementation of required programs and processes to establish and maintain a positive work environment
• Resolves employee relations issues in a fair and consistent manner that recognizes employee needs and protects the needs of the organization to operate in an effective and efficient manner" – Purpose of the Position – Day to Day Responsibilities – Project involved with – Reporting Structure – Direct reports – Regular shift – Education and Experience – Required Skills -Job Selling Points / Career Development Opportunities – Travel Requirements – Interview process – Hand Off Limit – Target companies
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Human Resources, Industrial & Labor Relations or related area and/or HR certifications. Master’s degree is preferable.
- 10+ years BUHR experience
- Solid business acumen; able to engage business clients and develop tailored and creative solutions
- Successful track record in the deployment of HR business process or programs, preferably with commercial client groups