Req ID: 233321
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION: Operations Designees help run our business by working alongside the General Manager and District Manager to oversee all operations in the store, restaurant and tire care center, if applicable.
JOB SUMMARY: Operations Designees will perform various daily and strategic managerial duties by overseeing, directing and coordinating activities around the location to better serve customers.
Provide exceptional customer service and ensure that all employees of the location are doing the same
- Recognize and resolve customer issues or complaints by determining optimal solutions in a timely manner
- Responsible for protecting company assets with various audit processes and ensure that all cash handling and Love’s policies and procedures are being followed by all employees
- Effectively manage employee turnover and retention. Assist GM to recruit, hire, train, evaluate, and coach employees. Recommend personnel changes as necessary
- Manage new employee paperwork and inputting new employee data in Talent Stop immediately upon hire
- Effectively manage employee development with feedback and training opportunities
- Utilize the LMS and other necessary training tools to verify that training is complete and consistent. Responsible for following up on training regularly
- Address employee issues in an appropriate and timely manner. Utilize the progressive discipline policy to manage employee issues. Collaborate with GM and/or DM to manage employee issues
- Delegate tasks as needed and follow-up with employees to ensure that tasks are being completed.
- Responsible for checking task lists throughout the day and ensuring that the task lists are completed each day
- Maintain a safe facility and use safety first practices to remain accident-free
- Assist GM to ensure environmental compliance and timely reporting of any issues or concerns
- Prepare the weekly payroll submission and assure accurate information is being submitted
- Review and utilize the Inventory Management System to ensure that proper inventory levels and in stock positions are maintained in all applicable concepts
- Collaborate with GM and DM to identify areas of opportunity on the monthly P&L and weekly 13-weeker report and implement plans to correct any issues
- Responsible for ordering, invoicing, and proper rotation to ensure inventory levels stay within company guidelines and waste is kept at a minimum
- Responsible for keeping interior and exterior of the location up to established company standards in terms of facility maintenance, proper merchandising, and suitable marketing procedures.
- Collaborate with GM and DM to effectively manage Mystery Shop scores and implement plans to improve scores
- Perform weekly and monthly projects and assigned tasks
- Maintain personal grooming and company uniform standards
- Maintain company attendance standards
- Other tasks as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 5+ years in retail, restaurant, travel stop or c-store, big box, grocery or department store management experience
- 5+ years’ experience managing operations with annual sales volume of $10+ million
- 5+ years’ experience deciphering and impacting budgets and P&L statements
- 5+ years’ experience supervising and training 200 plus employees
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Must have clean and consistent record of safety
- Must be willing to relocate across the U.S. for promotion to District Manager
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Hard Skills: Ability to learn and operate all facility equipment including computers, restaurant and tire care equipment
- Soft Skills: Good verbal and written communication skills, time management and delegation skills, organization skills, can-do attitude, sense of urgency, and strong work ethic.
- Typical Physical Demands:
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
- Requires standing and walking, with some bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing
- Occasional light lifting not over 50lbs
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
BACKGROUND CHECKS: All offers of employment may be conditioned on receipt of a background check report and/or drug screen that is acceptable to Love’s
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to outdoor elements in all seasons. Occasionally, the employee will also be exposed to fumes and particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and can be loud at times. While performing the duties, the employee is frequently exposed to dirt, dust, grime, grease, oil, gas, high-concentrated cleaning solutions, and human waste.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Some travel may be required.
DIVERSITY STATEMENT: From the founding of Love’s, our leaders have been passionate about providing excellent customer experiences and helping our Team Members grow. We do both within a culture of respect and inclusion. In order to sustain this culture, we will welcome individuals who are diverse in experiences, age, race, gender, sexual orientation, religion and physical or mental ability. Also, we are committed to sustaining a professional working environment where ALL people feel respected. By doing these things we will cultivate a diversity of thought and a spirit of innovation.
Job Function(s): Operations
Clean Places, Friendly Faces. It’s been the guiding principle at Love’s for more than 50 years, and it’s leading us into the future. We’re passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern facilities stocked with plenty of fuel, food and supplies. Love’s has two primary kinds of stores. Our ‘Country Stores’ are fueling stations with a convenience store attached. The larger ‘Travel Stops’ are located on interstate highways and offer additional amenities such as food from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers and more.
Loves is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled.