With over 80 years as an industrial technology leader, Kennametal Inc. delivers productivity to customers through materials science, tooling and wear-resistant solutions. Customers across aerospace, earthworks, energy, general engineering and transportation turn to Kennametal to help them manufacture with precision and efficiency. Every day approximately 10,000 employees are helping customers in more than 60 countries stay competitive. Kennametal generated nearly $2.4 billion in revenues in fiscal 2019. Learn more at www.kennametal.com. Follow @Kennametal: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Job Title: District Business Manager (Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia)
The District Business Manager is responsible and accountable for leading and directing regional sales and operations across Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia; to achieve ongoing sales revenue growth, productivity, quality, and customer service levels. This role will provide strategic leadership, in collaboration with Sales Operations, Channel Management, Strategic Marketing and Finance, in identifying and leveraging sales opportunities to gain/build market share in Metal Cutting segments (Aerospace, Transportation, and General Engineering).
Key Job Responsibilities
- Lead the profitable business growth. Develop execution plan through strategic thinking to achieve aggressive growth with all the channels (Direct & Partners)
- Identify & develop white spaces using market intelligence and built segment strategy to develop new customers & recruit new channel partners to effectively cover the business requirements and maximize exposure in the assigned territory.
- Build the sales reporting process, Quota setting, opportunity pipeline and forecast, identify issues contributing to success or shortcomings and take any corrective action
- Managing recruiting, objective settings, coaching & performance monitoring of Field engineers. Built competent team.
- Work with cross functional teams across the organization to leverage support from different departments to optimize the performance
- Manage P&L, budgetary and Op-Ex allocation for region.
- Forecast future industry and business in region and create monthly sales projections with high accuracy.
- Develop senior level relationships with key customers and channel partners.
- Manage and drive general health and functions of team and report team output to upper management.
- Manage conflict resolution.
Education, Work Experience, Skills, Certificates Required
- Strategic thinking, with broad understanding of overall business objectives. Significant skills in translating strategy into tactical plans. Strong leadership and management skills.
- Proven track record of team management, organizational and administrative skills & Market development.
- Able to lead effectively in a complex and matrix environment, and deliver results; Drives team performance to best in class
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills, the ability to work in matrix structure
- Learning agility, Ability to understand technical products, systems, and solutions to thoughtfully develop winning commercial strategies.
- Multiskilled in cross functional environment & conflict resolution skills.
- Cutting tool or Industrial consumable experience preferred
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- University or Bachelor’s degree; advanced or Master’s degree in business management added advantage
- 10 + Years of overall sales experience with at least 3 years of Team Management.
- Industrial Sales Exposure, Experience managing Direct customers & Distributor management.
- Regional exposure will be an added advantage
- Aptitude for Ethics & integrity
Kennametal is an Equal Opportunity Employer