Responsible for overseeing and optimizing storage media application and product slotting to improve warehouse velocity and sales order picking efficiency. Activities include directing and planning the work of material handling for warehouse re-arrangement of product and media. Must work collaboratively with operations, inventory and maintenance teams to determine and implement warehouse layout changes that best meet the business requirements. Leadership responsibilities include hiring and training, planning and assigning daily work, conducting performance appraisals, addressing performance issues, resolving problems, mentoring and coaching.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Lead continuous improvement projects or Lean events that support annual goals for productivity, service, cost control and work environment improvements.
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control, and budgetary and personnel requirements; implementing change.
- Provides information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Completes a plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries; leading start of shift and mid-shift meetings
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or HS Diploma with adequate related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to lead projects and execute desired results.
- Previous supervisory skills and experience required.
- Responsible for delivering a Turnover rate commensurate with the annual site goals.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Outlook, MS Word, PowerPoint, Access and Excel.