Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three years’ experience actively working with the public in a customer service position, preferably in retail.
- One to three years of monetary or cash handling experience highly preferred, i.e., Banking, Customer Service, Data Entry, Office Administration, Medical Records, etc.
- Training and/or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- General computer skills required with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and O365 preferred
- Strong math skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Highly organized
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions
- Must be able to work independently while using discretion
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 150 pounds and must be capable to provide delivery assistance and fill in as a delivery assistant as needed.
New hires are required to pass a physical assessment to ensure they can perform the essential functions of this job.
Employees must wear their uniform and maintain personal appearance by following Havertys’ dress code requirements. They must also wear steel-toe boots that extend above the ankle while on the truck. Lace-up style boots are recommended and employees will be reimbursed for up to half of their purchase not to exceed $75.