You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Why work with Restaurant Associates? Imagine joining a team that’s at the top of their game. Come to work at Restaurant Associates and learn from the pros how to serve thousands of visitors in some of the world’s best venues. Because of what we do, more than 30,000 guests enjoy an unforgettable experience every day. Learn. Grow. Serve. It’s a winning combination. Join us.
Location: 1015 Bank Street, Ottawa ON
Pay Rate: $14.25/hr
Schedule: As per business needs
Maintains dishes, pots, pans, trays, kitchen, work areas, equipment and utensils in orderly and sanitary condition.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Scrape and rinse food from dirty dishes and washes them by hand or places them in racks or on conveyor to dishwashing machine depending on assigned equipment. Ensures complete cleanliness and sanitation.
- Wash pots, pans and trays based on assigned procedures. Ensure complete cleanliness and sanitation.
- Polish silver using burnishing machine tumbler, chemical dip, buffing wheel and hand cloth depending on assigned equipment and procedures. Ensure complete cleanliness and sanitation.
- Maintain temperatures and chemical levels as outlined by provided standards.
- Keep dish area orderly and in compliance with safety standards.
- Sweep and mop kitchen floors to ensure compliance with safety and sanitation standards.
- Wash worktables, walls, refrigerators, meat blocks and other food prep surfaces.
- Remove trash and places it in designated containers. Steam cleans or hoses out garbage cans.
- Transfer supplies and equipment between storage and work areas.
- Help load and unload supplies and product.
Think you have what it takes to be our Dishwashers? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role.
- Willing to work in fast paced environment.
- Previous dishwashing experience preferred but not required.
- Hands-on experience with industrial washing machines preferred.
- FoodSafe Level 1 Certification an asset.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact PeopleHub@compass-canada.com for further information.