Position Title: DIRECTOR, SUSTAINABILITY – ENVISION GROUP (REMOTE)
Reports To: SR. VP SUSTAINABILITY
Location: THIS ROLE CAN WORK REMOTE FROM ANYWHERE; PREFERRED CHARLOTTE NC #LI-Remote
A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you’ve been hungry and away from home, chances are you’ve tasted Compass Group’s delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! If you know someone that is qualified for this role, please use the ‘job search’ in MyOpportunity to refer your referral and email them a link to apply. Your referral will be able to apply by clicking the link in the email then you can check the status under Careers in MyOpportunity by clicking on ‘referral tracking.’ For Employee Referral guidelines, FAQs and the Compass Employee Referral Policy, email MyReferral@compass-usa.com. Click here to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.
Under the SVP of Sustainability and Culinary direction, the Director of Sustainability oversees program development, management, and evaluation of sustainability programs that support the Compass Group North America strategic plan. Compass Group’s journey of continued growth focusing on doing what’s right for people and the planet. This newly created role will expand our sustainability outreach to our clients, enhancing our services across all Sectors. In addition, the Director of Sustainability will act as a thought leader, solidifying our leadership position in the marketplace.
· Sustainability expert for sales and retention teams.
· Strategic partner for sustainability across all Sectors.
· Develops and implements training programs that assist the field with implementing sustainability programs such as Waste Not 2.0.
· Coordinates with internal and external research, analytical, consulting teams, and NGOs to develop sustainability activities and protocols; directs or supports measurement and evaluation.
· Other duties as assigned within the scope of responsibility.
Leadership & Collaboration
· Interacts professionally with a diverse group of associates, peers, managers, suppliers, clients, and customers and embraces excellence in customer service both for internal and external customers.
· Acts as the sustainability expert for clients, customers, and Compass associates questions and concerns
· Develops and maintains relationships with key stakeholders, including Compass Sectors and support departments, strategic partners, and other sustainability-related organizations.
· Achieves goals measured by KPIs.
– Bachelors degree in business or sustainability.
– Desired 7+ years professional experience in sustainability, project management or sales.
– Experience in sustainability strongly preferred
– Project Management experience strongly preferred
– Advanced written and oral communication skills including public speaking
– Strong presentation and time management skills; strong management and leadership skills, advanced problem-solving skills, and outstanding interpersonal skills
– Culinary and/or food service experience preferred
– Ability to travel up to 50%
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports & case studies, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, climb or balance, and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Disclaimer: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, tasks, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to modify essential functions of the job, or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments.
Apply to Compass Group today!
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Corporate are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 742450
CHARISSE R RAWN