Req Id: 296016
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
The Director of Shared Services must be a highly motivated, results-oriented individual with a passion for building strong teams and collaborating with internal partners. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a high-performing team that oversees English TV & Radio Traffic operations, Sales Operations and the Project Management Office. Our goal is to provide the data, strategic planning and operational support required to enable our properties and support the priorities of Bell Media as a whole.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record for leading teams in delivering exceptional business results / transformational projects, working autonomously to set long-term roadmaps and operational strategies. Experience leading Media/Traffic teams (large operations teams), strong project management skills, and prior experience working with sales organizations will be highly valuable.
This role reports into the VP – Pricing, Operations and Out-of-Home.
Job Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Lead the day to day operations of our English TV and Radio Traffic teams
- Oversee and guide the operational support for Bell Media Sales Division
- Support the Project Management team in setting priorities and working across the organization to deliver critical, complex projects that aim to improve end-to-end processes and enable key objectives
- Drive projects across our Traffic, and Sales Support/Operations teams
- Work with key business stakeholders to gain their buy-in on major programs
- Define and execute an operational strategy to deliver on business priorities and financial targets
- Present updates and progress to senior leadership and key stakeholders
- Lead and develop a high-performing, regionally structured team
- Work closely with colleagues across Bell Media, including Sales, Traffic, Revenue Management, Programming and Broadcasting to optimize processes and workflows
- Stay on top of business trends and have a multi-faceted view of how the business is changing, identifying the essential opportunities to improve our practices for continued success
Critical Qualifications/ Competencies:
- 10+ Years if experience leading large cross-functional / operating teams
- Demonstrated success in business transformation and change management programs (Media industry preferred)
- Ability to think strategically and operationally
- Excellent project management and analytical skills
- The ability to be flexible and adaptive to the ever-changing and competitive media landscape. Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Understanding of financial/budget processes
- Comfortable presenting to highly engaged audiences, including concepts, metrics and progress to senior leadership teams
- Experience leading or working in unionized environments is an asset
- Exceptionally high standards, with impeccable attention to detail
BCE:WKP #Feature*LI-PT1 #Indeed #tech
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Application Deadline: 06/24/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.