Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
As a Director Sales – Desk Based you will manage multiple sales teams responsible for producing new and incremental sales growth across the national Regional Enterprise customer base. The Desk Based sales function is responsible for both the maintenance of existing customer relationships and the acquisition of new logo business through the positioning of the full line of Lumen products and services.
The Main Responsibilities
- Acquisition sales motion across the low end of the mid-market space, primarily with customers in the $3k to $20k addressable spend segment.
- Responsible for regional territory development, account planning, target setting, and ensuring that sales targets are met.
- Coordination with the Customer Success organization to ensure the customer is onboarded and maintained appropriately through the customer journey.
- Coaching and development of College Connect sales academy talent.
- Participates with other business leaders to establish strategic plans and objectives.
- Makes final decisions on administrative or operational matters and ensures operations’ effective achievement of objectives.
- Works on complex administrative, management and customer issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of customers, employees and Lumen policies and procedures.
- Ensures budgets and schedules meet departmental requirements.
- Acts as a point of escalation with appropriate peer organizations for effective and prompt trouble resolution. Participates in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people.
- Leading a team of Sr Managers within this space tied to a regional geography.
- Managing a Sales Support Associate to support direct sales organization
- Travel for meetings
What We Look For in a Candidate
- 5-7 years of directly related experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, MBA preferred.
- Attention to detail with demonstrated organizational development capabilities.
- Prior successful management of a quota bearing sales team, telecommunication management experience preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and effective time management skills
- Demonstrated remote management capability
- Strong business acumen and working knowledge of business customer applications in IP, data and voice services.
Work location is flexible
Requisition #: 266364
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.