With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
Job location is Atlanta, GA or Nashville, TN
Plans, implements and drives execution of Gallo annual OP sales plan. Owns pricing plans, delivers revenue and sales contribution plan (including profit). Establishes objectives and priorities for subordinates, and oversees legal compliance. Leads a team of direct reports, and sets direction for Gallo’s distributor partners. Develops a successful vision/strategy, through strong leadership skills, inspiration, motivation and innovation.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- 50% Winery and distributor facing
- Accountable for approving pricing of all brands
- Owns the planning process
- Develop and manage A&P budget (incentives, shopper, POS)
- Manage distributor co-investment process
- Manage T&E budget
- 50% Field-execution
- Collaborates closely with distributor leadership (e.g., general sales managers, VP of sales, state presidents) to ensure execution of annual sales plans, assess market conditions, ensure appropriate resources are dedicated to our brands, etc.
- Supports career development and training plans of direct reports
- Assists with the MDP Recruiting strategy on identified college campuses
- Attends and advises on Market surveys with Sales leadership and key stakeholders.
- Accountable for innovation and entrepreneurial mindset –Driving change and future focused.
- Financial acumen, to ensure profitability of brands – responsible for profitability (sales contribution, revenue).
- Oversees the efforts of field sales personnel ensuring that the sales programs for the region meets sales goals.
- Responsible for ensuring the proper tagging of key OP accounts in consultation with the Bus.
- Ensures open communication channels both internally and externally between the winery and distributors sales organization.
- Directs and trains regional sales staff to execute regional and corporate sales objectives.
- Co-owns Go-to-Market process, collaborating closely with the Managing Director and Modesto leadership team.
- Designs and presents new programs to distributor personnel which satisfy key business objectives.
- Educates all Regional Winery employees and maintains absolute compliance with Federal, State and local laws, rules and regulations.
- Maintains staffing levels for current and anticipated needs.
- Identifies and obtains staff capabilities needed to accomplish objectives.
- Maintains a succession plan to ensure proper development and experience levels of all Regional personnel.
- Takes accountability for the annual planning process, including pricing, programming, and forecasting sales based on sales related data.
- Develops a successful vision/strategy, through strong leadership skills.
- Participates in department and interdepartmental planning and management teams, and works cross-functionally to improve processes within the organization.
- Owns forecasting of business results and plans strategies to maximize future product sales.
- Develops, maintains and assures adherence to operating budget and spending plan.
- Develops and maintains an effective Distributor Network.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
- Ability to leverage technology (e.g., Account 360) and digital assets in order to monitor performance, identifying opportunities, direct the action of distributor personnel, make decisions, etc. Exception reporting, etc.
- Makes sound business decisions and optimizes resource allocation based on business trends, data, growth opportunities, etc.
- Assists sales specialists and cross functional partners with identification and activation of consumer engagement initiatives and event execution.
- Accountable for building innovative culture and entrepreneurial mindset –Driving change and future focused.
- Engage accounts and distributor personnel to ensure all e-Retail opportunities in marketplace are maximized.
- Supports commercialization of digital marketing programs.
- Ability to work with fine wine OP and retail accounts to sell luxury offerings and lead luxury events.
- Negotiates monthly objectives, sales incentives, etc. with distributor leadership on behalf of Gallo Winery.
- Engages in consumer-facing events.
- Acts as a Gallo Ambassador, advocating for our brands, including hosting events, leveraging social media and other tools to promote for Gallo sales within his/her community.
- Develops, coaches and mentors peers, indirect and subordinate staff.
- If accountable for the work of others, conducts performance evaluations; reviews and communicates salary adjustments; rewards employees or takes disciplinary action, as necessary; addresses complaints and resolves issues.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
- High School Diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 8 years of Winery/distributor sales experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility OR bachelor’s degree plus 10 years of sales experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Candidates for this position must have a valid driver's license and safe driving record. Required to obtain a California driver's license or appropriate state driver's license within 30 days of hire.
- Required to travel by air and automobile up to 60% during the course of business
- Supervisory/managerial experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration plus 12 years of winery sales or distributor management experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Master of Business Administration degree.
- 10 years of Gallo Sales/Distributor management experience.
- Skilled in statistical analysis and problem solving.
- Knowledge of E. & J. Gallo Strategic Imperatives as outlined by the CEO and the Gallo Executive Leadership Team.
- Experience leading and directing a change process.
- Experience communicating with all levels of an organization.
- Experience obtaining cooperation and maintaining relationships in the pursuit of goals.
- Experience influencing, negotiating and resolving conflicts to reach consensus around common goals.
- Experience making effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and boards of directors.
- Skilled in quickly grasping key business drivers.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (both oral and written).
- Experience successfully leading teams and partnering with other corporate functions to achieve success in a dynamic work environment.
- Experience addressing strategic issues as well as day-to-day operational concerns.
- Experience staffing and developing an organization.
- Leadership/management strength to provide motivational guidance and direction.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Requisition ID: 80795
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics in California), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at 209.341.7000.