You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
The Director of Retail Operations develops and reviews standard operating procedures; policies and operational guidelines to ensure customer satisfaction and employee productivity across the market, and complete management of training/development and education of retail staff in all retail locations. This individual will exercise significant authority over inventory management to ensure proper distribution levels and the satisfaction of monthly sales objectives for all company retail locations.
Now, if you were to come on board as our Director of Retail Operations, we’d ask you to do the following for us:
- Drive financial profitability through department reporting, yearly budgeting, as well as monitoring daily spends.
- Oversee purchasing of merchandise for retail operation with attention to product mix, responsible inventory levels, and turnover
- Build and maintain strong relationships with leagues, vendors, partners, colleagues, and guests. Be receptive to feedback and coaching from different outlets.
- Able to create and execute marketing initiative and directives in-venue, e-commerce, and within the market. Direct team to plan and execute off-site events and festivals.
- Drive e-commerce sales, marketing, inventory availability, creative, analytics, and customer service. Remain flexible on current trends and creativity to adjust plans in a moment’s notice.
- Recruit, hire, train, and teach direct management reports as well as hourly associates. Construct a strong team based on personal strengths and abilities while keeping everyone accountable for job responsibilities and roles.
- Hold strong attention to detail, ability to problem solve, openness to collaborate and communicate, build positive culture, as well as a driven attitude to as aspects of the position.
Think you have what it takes to be our Director of Retail Operations? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you are the best fit:
- Prior sales and/or retail professional work experience preferred
- Availability to work regular extended shifts of 10 hours or more as business dictates. Must have flexible schedule to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Proficient in computer services such Microsoft Office as well as capability and willingness to learn internal systems both retail and tech systems.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to coach, mentor, and motivate staff and sales service team.
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in retail, hospitality, or related field
- Able to communicate effectively with internal teams, clients, and guests
- Able to keep clients abreast of all retail related initiatives/concerns.
- English reading, writing, math, and computer skills required
- Experience with hard and soft lines of sports merchandise
- E-commerce experience
- Must be able to work extended shifts of 10 hours or more as business dictates
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact PeopleHub@compass-canada.com for further information.