You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
"We are looking for an innovative, operationally excellent, creative HR Manager to join our team. S/he successfully partners with all stakeholders to implement thoughtful human resources plans and solutions to drive organizational effectiveness and strategic and business objectives. This role reports into the Chief People & Culture Officer and will be ideal for a well-rounded professional who has demonstrated inspirational leadership and has experience running HR teams.
YOU ARE GREAT AT:
• Driving a People & Culture Business Partner model for 6,000 – 10,000 employees within the organization.
• Ensuring the delivery of expertise and guidance to people leaders in all areas of People capital including, but not limited to: workforce and succession planning, driving employee engagement; performance management; policy interpretation.
• Providing insight into business strategy based on people and organizational strengths; able to frame issues and bring the right insights and recommendations forward to problem solve with create and effective solutions.
• In conjunction with the Chief People & Culture Officer and People Leadership team, implement the People & Culture roadmap to enhance talent development, succession planning and HR practices while supporting the strategic plan.
• Driving organizational capability and efficiency to support business leaders while ensuring we have the right talent in the right roles to drive the business.
• Leading change management initiatives to proactively support integration of acquisitions.
• Coaching, leading and developing a team of Business Partner professionals and HR centres of excellence as an extension of the team.
• Anticipating and planning for future talent needs by analyzing and interpreting workforce information, reviewing results of employee surveys, and discussing top of mind issues and concerns with business and HR leaders.
• Delivering talent and succession planning processes to build the internal pipeline and provide for proactive identification and development of leaders.
• Coaching management in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, and performance review. Manages internal investigations on matters of workplace harassment, progressive discipline, employment standards, human rights, labour relations, etc.
• Working in collaboration with Labour Relations to advise management and appropriately resolve employee relations issues, referring to the union contract/s, if applicable.
• Working closely with Talent Acquisition to drive a strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy.
COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS
• Impact & Influence
• Building organizational capability
• Leadership presence
• Results orientation/operational excellence
• Strategic business thinking
WHAT IT TAKES (YOUR AMAZING SKILLS):
• 10+ years of Human Resources Leadership experience.
• Exceptional HR Operations, Workforce Planning, Talent Development experience.
• Consulting skills: ability to persuade/influence business leaders.
• Experience in labour relations an asset.
• Experience in acquisitions, change management skills.
• CHRP/CHRL designation or Human Resources Specialty would be an asset.
• Problem solving skills, ability to determine root cause of complex issues and arrive at sound solutions.
• Exceptional communicator and team player.
• Solid interpersonal and relationship skills.
Ability to attract, build, retain and inspire a best-in-class, high-performing HR team."
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact PeopleHub@compass-canada.com for further information.