Job Location: United States : New York : New York Alternate Job Location : Not Applicable : Not Applicable
Role Value Proposition:
The Director of Partnerships and Business Development will be responsible for identifying, developing and managing partnerships across the Pet industry and other adjacencies to Pet Insurance. This person will develop a partnership strategy for MetLife Pet Insurance, identify prospects, develop relationships, interface with prospects, launch new partnerships and manage partnerships. The ideal candidate will be passionate about the possibilities in the Pet industry, have a strategic mindset, be a self-starter and focused with the ability to manage priorities across a portfolio of leads, prospects and partners.
- Develop, launch and nurture partnerships across the pet industry
- Partnership Strategy:
- Partner identification and landscape analysis
- Competitive intelligence and monitoring
- Partner selection & evaluation
- Linking product and customer insights into ecosystem opportunities / solutions
- Partnership Activation:
- Open discussions with potential prospects and create opportunities
- Co-innovation and solution development coordination
- Financial analysis and deal design
- Partnership Strategy:
- Deal Execution: Design partnership agreements and collaborate with key stakeholders across the organization (e.g. legal, compliance, procurement) to execute agreements
- Performance Management: Identify and design KPIs to track partnership progress and success
- Relationship Management: Ongoing management of the partnerships relations, partner compliance & regulatory management
- Manage portfolio of leads, prospects and partners and report to senior leaders on progress, opportunities, market trends and competitor activity
- Develop competitor intelligence by tracking in-market partnerships and identifying potential upcoming trends
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 8+ years of relevant experience in the financial services and/or pet industry
- Strong business acumen with proven business development, sales, or management consulting experience.
- Proficient in financial and Excel modeling
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, or related field; Master's degree is advantageous.
- Strong existing knowledge and working relationships (network) in the Pet value chain and ecosystem preferred
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Good negotiation skills, detail-oriented and persuasive.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Excellent PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills
Less than 25% after COVID
US Business – Pet Insurance
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $651 billion of total assets under management as of September 30, 2020. We are ranked #48 on the Fortune 500 list for 2020. In 2019, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fourth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies.
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 116567