A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you’ve been hungry and away from home, chances are you’ve tasted Compass Group’s delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
Primary Job Responsibilities
• Manage, develop, and coach direct team (3 Direct reports plus 2-4 Sr/Analysts) and others (indirectly). Provide career and professional development opportunities to meet individual, department, and company objectives.
• Set vision and strategy for Foodbuy Accounting projects team; anticipate business / department needs and develop action plans to get results. Encourage and drive engagement with use of technologies; including but not limited to RPA, MS Power Platform, SQL, etc.
• Identify and drive transformational process automation and improvements throughout the Foodbuy Accounting department through management and oversight of projects to ensure sound methodologies and execution to meet results. Includes partnering with the business, Sr. Management, and the Strategic Projects Department.
• Represent Foodbuy Accounting in Compass Group’s initiative to create a best in class accounting / finance department. Set tone for positive change management and strong morale throughout Foodbuy Accounting that fosters open dialogue and instills ownership and autonomy within team members.
• Oversight of Foodbuy Accounting Balance Sheet; includes leading internal Balance Sheet and Reconciliation review meetings, updating and documenting variance analysis overview and tracking balance sheet risk items. Additionally, responsible for review and oversight of any non-recurring issues / analytics related to Foodbuy financials.
• Lead initiative to document processes and develop training materials, including development of new Contract Review process.
• Oversee mid-year, interim and year-end audits, and applicable reporting. Includes ownership and review of topside reserves and reporting period analysis/adjustments.
• Assist with research and review of technical accounting issues, partnering with Technical Accounting as needed, to ensure accurate presentation of Foodbuy Accounting financials.
• Represent Foodbuy Accounting on various Corporate and Field projects.
• Ad hoc reporting and projects as needed
• B.S. degree in Accounting or Finance required, MS Accounting or MBA a plus
• CMA or CPA preferred
• 8+ years of accounting experience with 4+ years of management experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Strong Excel skills required, Access database skills a plus)
• Strong experience with SAP and Hyperion/Essbase a plus
• Experience with a large company (> $3 billion sales)preferred
• Ability to develop and communicate a department future state vision and lead the team toward accomplishing that vision
• Independent self-starter with a can-do attitude
• Prioritize and manage projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Ability to foster solid business partnerships with Sr. Management and department heads across multiple disciplines and communicate with all levels of the organization
• Passionate about leading people with a proven track record of developing a team by challenging, empowering, and supporting them
• Ability to communicate the value Foodbuy Accounting provides to our business partners and achieve buy in on improving processes
• Proven experience and successful completion of process improvements through utilization of emerging technologies
• Strong Accounting knowledge and analytical skills
• Strategic thinking skills as evidenced by past performance
• Excellent problem-solving and process improvement skills
• An established reputation for integrity
Apply to Compass Group today!
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 645430