Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and nutrition services company exclusively dedicated to serving more than 600 hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison’s hospital kitchens, restaurants, and cafés feature socially responsible practices and exceptional guest experiences. The company’s comprehensive Mindful Choices® wellness and sustainability platform includes the latest in healthful eating and an understanding of behavioral change in food consumption. Morrison’s alignment with Partnership for a Healthier America’s (PHA) Hospital Healthy Food Initiative positively impacts up to 41 million patients and 500 million hospital meals annually. Morrison has been named one of Modern Healthcare’s “Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare” for the past five years, and Training Magazine’s Top 125 organizations for the past six consecutive years. The company is a division of Compass Group and has more than 1,200 registered dietitians, 300 executive chefs, and 17,000 professional food service team members.
Positions at this location require a COVID-19 vaccination. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this account will be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
This key leadership position is directly responsible for the successful operation of Food & Nutrition Services in an Acute Care Hospital. The Director of Food Nutritional and Patient Services is responsible for all foodservice-related activities; including patient care, some non-patient care (retail, cafeteria, catering etc), quality improvement, sanitation, infection control and all hospital-related activities. This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic entrepreneurial manager who is constantly seeking a better way to conduct business.
The Director ensures client, customer satisfaction and efficient cost effective management. You will direct and conduct safety, sanitation, and maintenance programs; while maintaining excellent relationships with patients and the Client, as well as other departments within the Hospital. The Director is also responsible for promoting the professional growth and development of their team. In addition; you will assist in fostering strong inter-departmental relations and integrate the patient services and food-service department with the facility plan of operations.
- Establishes goals and oversees implementation of patient food services needs based upon medical direction and patient population
- Hires, directs, coaches, trains, and develops patient service team members
- Complies with dietary restrictions on special or modified diets to ensure optimal food preferences are met within guidelines of the diet order limitations
- Ensures patient services staff assists in achieving stated patient satisfaction goals
- Complies with regulatory standards, including federal, state, and accrediting agencies while adhering to facility confidentiality, HIPAA regulations, and patient rights policies
- Participates in/ leads patient satisfaction programs, departmental meetings, and facility wide Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement programs
- B.S. Degree in Food Services Technology/Management or related field; or A.A. Degree plus three (3) years of directly related experience
- Certified Dietary Manager certificate, Registered Diet Technician or Registered Dietitian, preferred
- Minimum of one (1) to three (3) years of hospital or adult home/care experience preferred, depending upon formal degree or training
- Three (3) to five (5) years of direct foodservice operational management experience with inventory and purchasing knowledge and control
- Strong knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Previous P&L accountability or contract-managed service experience is desirable
- Strong supervisory, leadership, management and coaching skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate on various levels to include management, client, customer and associate levels
- Excellent financial, budgetary, accounting and computational skills
- Proficient computer skills to include; various computer programs, Microsoft Office programs, e-mail and the Internet
- ServSafe® Certified
- Certified Dietary Manager certificate or Registered Dietitian preferred
Apply to Morrison Healthcare today!
Morrison Healthcare is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Morrison Healthcare are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 683271
DONALD L BRINKER