Crothall Healthcare is a Compass One Company that provides specialized, high-quality, innovative, and responsive support services exclusively to the healthcare industry. Crothall serves many of the Top 100 Hospitals throughout its over 1300 healthcare service teams in 46 states. Crothall has been recognized as one of Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work and Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania since 2013 and Becker’s Top 150 Places to Work since 2016. A division of Compass Group USA, we have more than 26,000 team members. Our core services include: Environmental Services, Patient Transportation, Laundry & Linen, Facilities Management, Healthcare Technology Solutions, and Ambulatory EVS. Learn more at www.Crothall.com.
At the direction of the Facilities Director, the Mechanical Maintenance Manager will be responsible for providing an array of mechanical related services and supporting the development and implementation of mechanical infrastructure improvement programs. They are to supervise and manage the performance of the maintenance employees, and also manage the client’s expectations.
- Ensures the operation and maintenance of all campus mechanical repairs.
- Schedules and directs all routine and emergency repairs, plus performs preventive maintenance for associated equipment.
- Complies with electrical and building codes by adhering to requirements; advising Facilities Director on needed actions.
- Maintains supplies inventory
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Maintains maintenance staff schedules and responsibilities.
- Ensures federal, state, and local laws and codes concerning health, safety, and the environment are strictly adhered to in assigned areas.
- Performs purchasing and reporting duties
- Participates in the development of short-term and long-term departmental goals and objectives.
- Advises the Facilities Director with developing, and implementing new policies or revisions to existing policies.
- Bachelor’s degree or work experience equivalent required. BSME/BSEE/BSEM preferred.
- Certifications in any of the following are highly preferred: electrical, HVAC or plumbing.
- Strong knowledge of a wide variety of central heating, cooling, and combined heat and power (CHP) plants and HVAC systems and their optimization.
- Minimum of five years of experience with progressive levels of responsibility in the performance of detailed energy audits, and project management services, including scope development and analysis reporting.
- Experience in educational institution highly preferred.
- Leader who is visionary with strong management, planning and communications skills.
- Must have the ability to see and understand the inter-connections between various operating units.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills with a quality attitude.
- Public speaking skills.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain organization in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Apply to Crothall today!
Crothall is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Crothall are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 548260
DANIEL J LAEMMLE