Req Id: 330035
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Position: Director, News, Bell Media, Unifor 714M
Location: CTV Barrie
Salary: Unifor Local 714M. Group 4 Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week plus overtime as required. Shift work including evenings and weekends..
- Direct and oversee technical consistency and credibility of all on air presentations
- Produce and line up 11pm news show
- Assign news resources as needed
- Provide technical and editorial leadership to crew and production staff
- Supervise production of graphics and visual elements
- Develop and implement new formats and visual presentation as required
- Direct and instruct on-air, technical and operational personnel in daily television live production
- Perform Director duties in a fast paced, multi-source daily live news environment
- Assign staff and resources for the production of stories for CTV Barrie news
- Work with reporters to ensure appropriate coverage of news and live events
- Liaise with producers regarding all relevant aspects of production to ensure program standards and processes serve the desired goal
- Maintain a program fault report
- Other duties as required
- Minimum 3 years experience directing multi camera live studio productions in a newsroom
- Proven ability to handle the high pressure and demands of live television news production including meeting deadlines while maintaining focus and effectively dealing with the unexpected nature of live broadcasting
- Proven ability to direct and lead a control room and production crew in a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to make fast, competent decisions under pressure
- Thorough knowledge of production and technical requirements for live broadcasts
- Troubleshooting skills – ability to problem solve during technical breakdowns or difficulties
- Excellent editorial skills and proven ability to write news
- Excellent computer skills, including newsroom systems
- Ability and willingness to train in other job functions as identified
- Proven experience as a team player with creative problem solving skills
- Excellent and proven organizational skills
- Completion of a college/university or other post secondary broadcast program
- Other technical experience in a news control room is a definite asset
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Barrie
Flexible work profile: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)
Application Deadline: 10/23/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, ON, Barrie
Bell, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.