Role Value Proposition:
Our growing Information Security organization is expanding and adding an experienced leader in MetLife’s Global. This is a leadership role is a mix of business, technical and functional aspects so the ideal candidate will come from a background with a mix of skills in controls, Security, IT, Risk Management, and Digital Transformation. The value of this role is to ensure we have processes and control s in place to meet our growing legal, regulatory, controls, and security requirements. The control environment is key to our security and sales for MetLife.
- Develop, deploy, improve, and govern the IS controls environment to ensure the processes and controls are integrated, comprehensive, effective, automated, and meet regulatory and operational requirements.
- Partner across all I/T related teams to drive similar control standards for other functional areas
- Drive program to ensure building strong security and I/T processes, controls, and automate most controls to provide friction less user experiences, and agility
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of risk and change management, security policies and controls, control implementation experience with NIST, SOX, or UCF.
- Translate partners business requirements into specific system, application, or process designs.
- Clearly articulate complex risk mitigation strategies and priorities in simple ways to align global matrixed groups of stakeholders to common objectives
- Drive global alignment of roles and responsibilities for processes and controls to meet requirements and
- Define and measure program performance through clear metrics and KPIs
- Build team of controls experts and partner with Internal Controls, Audit, Business controls, and Legal teams to ensure we develop required controls and meet operational and audit requirements.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s in Information Technology, Security, or related degree
- Manage 2-3 direct reports and 4-5 external resources including India based Service Center personnel
- A minimum of 5-8 years of experience in IT Security leadership experience
- Strong understanding of Information Technology, controls, and IT Security
- High degree of empathy, assertiveness, and persuasiveness and potential to lead small teams
- Must be an intelligent, articulate, and influential leader who can effectively communicate security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff
- Understand a system of controls, NIST, CobIT, UCF, SOX, or other framework
- Global experience partnering to drive aligned results across multiple countries, corporate ownership models, and 3rd party providers
- Working knowledge of I/T operations, Information Security operations, Identity and Access controls,
- Working knowledge of SOX, SSAE18, PCI, HIPAA frameworks of controls
- Understanding of Risk Management process, FAIR Cyber Risk model
Number of Openings
The wage range for this position specific to Colorado is $113,600-$151,400. You may be also eligible for the MetLife Annual Variable Incentive Plan (“AVIP”). Your eligibility for an AVIP award are governed by the terms of the applicable plan or program documents. MetLife offers a comprehensive benefits program that includes Medical, Dental, Life, Vision plus Retirement benefits and Paid Time Off.
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 117607