Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Director of Integrated Marketing is a key member of the Customer Success Marketing leadership team. The Director provides leadership and oversight of portfolio marketing programs and develops and executes complex insight and analytics-driven strategies, integrated marketing, and demand generation program/campaigns, within an assigned segment and/or product/solution category. The Director will develop and execute programs focused on maximizing the Life-Time Value (LTV) of our existing customer base utilizing ABM, digital, and social tools. This leader ensures that the marketing leadership team has appropriate, consistent, and accurate visibility into financial and market performance and customer expectations. The Director works in close partnership with cross-functional teams such as Public Relations, Sales, Sales Engineering, Solutions Architects, and Product. In addition, understanding and marketing the Lumen Service Experience will be a critical function in this role.
The Main Responsibilities
- Lead a team of marketing specialists driving the Activation and Execution functions of the Customer Success GTM Plan
- Maximize the advanced testing and GTM approach, messaging and outreach across customers, segments, and/or buying channels within organizations
- Design and execute complex, insight driven and highly customized, integrated marketing strategies and demand generation campaigns
- Positioning and promoting services that achieve desired customer outcomes
- Create compelling content that influences customers across traditional, digital, and social mediums
- Lead decisions regarding new content/digital partnership/tactical opportunities; as well as evaluates, selects and directs the work of external agencies on creation and execution of highly targeted digital programs based on upside opportunity and defined business goals of strategic accounts, ensure highly actionable outcomes that sales teams can leverage to develop conversations and close business
- Evaluate, select and direct external agencies in the creation of marketing assets (email, direct mail, etc.) and premium content (infographics, webinars, videos, white papers, etc.) for use in multi-channel demand generation campaigns; as well as all third parties
- Maximize the advanced testing and auditing methodologies to understand true customer buying drivers and IT strategies to define, enhance the demand creation process, including response and conversion rates and A/B testing, analyze quantitative and qualitative results sourced from internal /systems and external partners to optimize marketing initiatives.
- Set up and measure program performance within campaign operations/analytics
- Identify and address gaps in team expertise, delegate authority and hold team members accountable for agreed upon commitments, and coach and support staff in taking independent action.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- 10+ years of b-to-b marketing experience in a complex selling environment
- Strong Track record of leading teams of SMEs to elevate brand and penetration amongst the largest, most strategic players through insight driven marketing programs
- Experience managing leaders with direct accountability of employees
- Successful experience developing credible and repeatable insight-driven Customer Success programs that elicit elevated revenue growth
- Exceptional presentation skills, including ability to create and deliver compelling PowerPoint presentations to executive audiences
- Strong foundation in modern marketing concepts and tools including ABM, Digital, data acquisition, A/B testing, buyer personas, buyer’s journeys, lead nurturing, marketing automation platforms, sales automaton platforms, waterfall optimization and inbound marketing
- Demonstrated ability to leverage the power of digital technologies (MAP, SFA, etc.) in demand creation is essential for this role
- Superior understanding of product portfolio, key segments, target customers, customer challenges, buyer profiles, and buying criteria
- Exceptional internal and external communication skills including copywriting, editing and proofing
- Strong financial skills and analytic competence, including the ability to develop business cases
- Excellent negotiation skills and managing creative agencies, is essential
- MBA or Master’s degree in related field
- Knowledge of telecommunications technology and/or IT marketplace preferred
Requisition #: 250453
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.