We are looking to recruit a Director to join our Global Mobility Services (GMS) team in our Reading office. KPMG’s GMS practice is a diverse and fast-growing area of our Tax business. We serve some of the biggest names, with high-profile engagements touching every corner of world. Our GMS engagement teams are “360 degree service oriented”, with tax technical, client development and client-facing responsibilities as part of each successful candidates remit.
This team’s client base has grown year on year and continued success in the market place and recent new wins means significant growth will continue.
Roles and Responsibilities
The role includes:
– Being a key member of KPMG’s GMS South leadership team working closely with the South GMS lead. You will be required to build and expand your network (internal and external) to generate work, helping to develop new areas, generating new clients and leads for GMS and the broader tax practice.
– Lead client accounts of various sizes, taking ownership for all aspects including delivery, relationships, team development, risk management and financials.
– Lead the delivery of advice to a variety of clients demonstrating strong technical and risk management skills.
– Enhance and build the advisory offering through a combination of improving the skills of our people and demonstrating a clear commercial mindset.
– The individual would be expected to delegate effectively, review work and have the ability to encourage and foster the development of the team members.
– Identify potential risks (delivery and reputational) and deliver innovative and competitive solutions.
– Be a role model for living the values.
– Recognise and develop opportunities to further grow the national business.
– Work with the broader tax leadership team, including the wider People Services team.
Qualifications and Skills
Director candidates should have a proven technical track record, but this is just a part of what we are looking for. In addition you should have:-
– Appropriate professional qualification e.g. ACA/ACCA/CTA or equivalent.
– Previous experience of working in leadership positions in significant Global Mobility / Expatriate tax teams.
– Market facing leadership skills.
– Ambition and drive that matches the ambition that we have for this business.
– A strong team ethic and the ability to grow resources and personally invest both within your immediate peer group but also more widely across the firm.
– Be a self-starter who sees the opportunity in this market to evolve the business strategy in line with the changing needs of our evolving client base.
– A passion for delivering exceptional service achieved by strength and depth of client relationships and a strong belief in value delivered through Global Mobility / Expatriate tax work.
– Proven track record of building long term client relationships with a variety of Global Mobility clients.
– Excellent technical specialist knowledge and expertise on a wider range of Global Mobility matters and self-assessment including aspects relevant to international mobile senior executives.