Req Id: 305461
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell’s Field Services team is proud to be the face of the Bell brand, performing the best installation and repair services and maintaining Bell’s network for our residential and business customers.
Reporting to the Vice President, Field Operations, the Director will lead a team of senior managers and their respective teams, responsible for delivering superior service to our customers. Responsibility for our core central office switching network, efficient delivery of Data and business service orders for our enterprise customers, and maintenance of our cable infrastructure will be key accountabilities for this role.
This position requires someone who wants to be involved in a strategic change towards retirement of our legacy network and equipment, continued momentum in installing customers onto the best network in Canada, and developing a workforce that can be there to ensure our customers can trust Bell to keep them connected.
- Play an active role in in-depth analysis of current processes, procedures and tools with the goal of increasing operational efficiency and key performance indicators
- Influence strategies, project delivery and related multidisciplinary relationships that will optimize new solutions and tools, and ensure results yield improved employee experience
- Emphasize a quality culture focused on coaching, performance management, growth and development of a high performing team
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency to resolve outages, repair damaged network, and mitigate service interruptions quickly and cost effectively
- Lead a large, diverse team of craft technicians with a focus on Health & Safety, quality and efficiency
- Proven track record of leading a large, diverse and geographically dispersed team and instilling in them a sense of shared purpose to deliver stretch goals
- Must be a clear, open and effective communicator with strong facilitation and conflict resolution skills and a proven ability to lead a large group of diverse stakeholders through decision-making processes
- Solution-oriented leadership with the innate ability to obtain and analyze relevant data to solve complex problems
- Experience in driving processes and implementation improvements in sizeable environments; managing both internal operations and vendors/partners
- Track record of tight delivery around service and cost metrics
- Results-driven who is able to grasp and communicate complex ideas clearly
- University degree (engineering, financial, economy or related fields)
- Proven leadership and commitment to the growth and development of high performing teams
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Hamilton || Canada : Ontario : Kitchener || Canada : Ontario : London || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa
Application Deadline: 08/04/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Ottawa
Bell, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.