Additional Locations: US-CA-San Diego; US-CA-San Francisco; US-CA-San Jose
Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – Caring – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
Director, Corporate Accounts
About the role:
Reporting to Corporate Accounts VP, this role will devise and implement successful sales strategies and build relationships with influential clinical, administrative and economic decision-makers within targeted groups. The role will be heavily engaged with all franchises, understanding and being able to play out their priorities and success factors and working closely with all key stakeholders.
Ideal candidate must be based in Northern or Southern California.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Become the key relationship holder and trusted advisor for customers within the largest potential revenue accounts.
- Work closely with Business Unit Directors and Marketing Managers to develop plans and objectives to align with national account strategy.
- Develop a deep and thorough knowledge of accounts, considering operations; financials; politics; criteria; strategic imperatives; decision makers and processes. Identify key accounts based on growth potential and where business needs to be protected.
- Building strong, sustainable and binding relationships with key influencers (CEO/COO/CFO) within accounts. Through discussion and analysis, understand and define their strategic priorities and needs.
- Develop and deliver transformational new business solutions, offerings, and services by collaborating and partnering with marketing and other internal stakeholders that are both strategically significant to these customers and difficult for our competitors to replicate.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with colleagues, participating in discussions regarding accounts. Work collaboratively with other internal stakeholders and colleagues; initiate and facilitate networks. Share key information regarding account and actively seek feedback regarding account to guarantee excellence in execution of account strategies and service delivery. Be available and credible as a contact for other divisions.
- Maintain up to date industry, competitor, and product knowledge; continually seek information from physicians, suppliers, and others to challenge, modify and prioritize key account strategy. Maintain awareness of industry trends and their impact on sales activities; work closely with Health Economics Manager to accelerate/maintain funding for our products; articulate strategies in order to leverage the Health Economic market, anticipate market and competitor moves.
- Contribute to environment of mutual trust, respect, and collaboration within team; sharing relevant information and developing new ways of work to develop team performance.
- Coach and help with the development of other team members when opportunity arises.
What we're looking for in you:
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 8 years sales management experience within the medical device or healthcare industry
- Strong business, relationship, and organizational management skills
- Strategic thinker, analytical, accountable, and results-driven
- Demonstrated record of success or over-achievement in past sales positions
- Ability to travel. Note: COVID-19 precautions currently restricts travel. At Boston Scientific, our priority is to protect and aid the health and safety of our employees, our physician customers, and their patients.
- Master's degree
- Previous Corporate/Strategic Accounts IDN sales experience within the medical device/healthcare industries
- Cardiovascular sales experience
Requisition ID: 477243
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.