About The Role
This is a Director level position for Head of Business development and operations of Advance Market Products BU. The candidate will be responsible for managing the new bids/business and also maintain good relations with existing customers within the AMP BU portfolio, own the revenue generation for the products and also responsible for bringing new product orders from existing products/customers. The candidate will be responsible for the revenue generation, Business operations and for growth targets for the portfolio. The candidate will also be responsible for successful delivery of the products to customers while meeting the cost, time and quality targets.
The Director- Business development and operations will manage the day-to-day bid related tasks for the portfolio of products and managing orders and ensure that delivery is happening by delivery teams. She/he will also provide indirect leadership (by influence) for the multidisciplinary team, including engineering, procurement, finance, program management and other key functions, to deliver the products.
What Will You Do
Product Business development
- Strategize, define business growth plan with customers and product
- Sales Support on new opportunity and Early Customer Engagement
- Manage expansion plans into new segment & geographies
- Marketing support activities to product marketing team
- Guide BID team on generating quotes
- Drive Presentations, Factsheets for Customer Engagements
- Drive CES/MWC/Shows
- Collaborate with Product development PMs, and marketing for Solution level demo, user stories, presentations, roadmap etc.
- Work with leadership on Strategy & Growth (5 year strategy etc.)
- Identify market opportunities and define product vision and strategy along with product management
Product Business operations
- Track and Manage revenue/orders for existing program
- Monitor Logistics (forecast, order, deliveries, reverse logistics)
- Define & operationalize new processes (e.g. Support & Operations) for the end to end solutions
- Plan customer upgrades
- Contract Review – Engage Legal/Contracting documents with Customers
- Work with HARMAN and Customer Marketing to review, create and enable customer marketing & promotions
What You Need
Required Qualification / Experience
- 16+ years or more of related work experience.
- Business development, expansion skills are must
- Excellent communication skills and good customer relationship skills
- Experience developing telematics and aftermarket products
- Experience in business operations skills
- Overview of automotive systems, solutions and processes
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical or Computer Engineering or related technical field or equivalent.
Preferred Qualification/ Experience
- Relationship with automotive OEMs and Tier-1 suppliers.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to evolve product business development strategy based on research, data and industry trends.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills.
What Makes You Eligible
- Willing to work from Farmington Hills, MI office.
- Willing to travel up to 30% (domestic travel)