Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our professionals are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to substantial sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity
Join us to lead technology focused, forward looking, innovative Software Engineering Team for WiFi Access Point Product development in India.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for delivering infrastructure, security, management and data plane features for AP
- Working with product management team for feature roadmap
- Working with multi-functional team for project deliverables, dependencies, landmarks and product/feature optimizations.
- Working with different product engineering teams for feature dependencies and driven solutions
- Leading and guiding the team of hardworking engineers and mangers to deliver innovative features with carrier grade quality
- Participate in technical reviews, architecture discussion and guiding the team to adopt best solutions
- Keeping customer focus, and working with system/field engineers and product management team to address customer needs
- Being good technical anchor point for the team
- Identifying and Hiring hardworking engineers
- Focus on continuous improvement in:
- Reducing waste and lead time, improve productivity.
- Collaboration, team capability and skills
- Bachelor or Masters in Computer Science, Electronics and Communications
- 16+ years of experience in WiFi AP or equivalent product development with hands on experience in delivering critical feature enhancements and good technical expertise in multiple areas.
- Good experience in managing large technical teams including managers and working with multi-functional teams in different geographies.
- Good understanding of the Access Point architecture and design with familiarity of the critical components and modules.
- Good knowledge of the Linux kernel packet forwarding, kernel modules and infrastructure.
- Good understanding of the Network topology, deployments and use cases.
- Good Knowledge of integrating AP with On-Prem/Cloud controllers, data traffic aggregators, analytics engines and other software as service applications.
- Nice to have Experience in integrating QCA WiFi firmware, NSS/PPE.
- Thorough understanding of DPI and its usage for data traffic visibility and health monitoring will be plus
- Familiarity of data traffic patterns for foreseeing possible abnormalities and vulnerabilities to be addressed in the product.
- Nice to have Familiarity of Federal Security certifications like FIPS, CC/CSfC, USGv6, JITC, NIST.
- Nice to have Good understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery of product features
- Experience in front ending resolution for customer issues by working with multi-functional teams
- Interest in exploring, understanding equivalent products and solutions in the market to build competitive product.
- Ability to influence and empower teams to deliver best in class features.
- Ability to motivate and guide teams to innovate and get new ideas to enhance product functions.
What do we do @ Ruckus?
Ruckus is a Business Unit within CommScope, focused on delivering cutting edge solutions to enable our customers to communicate effectively and reliably, in real time, across the world. At the heart of global connectivity are the engineers who write innovative software for our award-winning communication and networking products to bring the information quickly and reliably where needed.
AP software team focus is on developing software for Indoor, outdoor and special-purpose access points. When connectivity really matters, organizations turn to RUCKUS. We offer indoor and outdoor wireless access points to fit just about any budget, performance requirement or deployment scenario. Whether you’re challenged with high client density, Wi-Fi-unfriendly building materials or just rising employee or customer expectations, our access points provide secure, reliable access no matter how tough the environment. Every RUCKUS AP, from the humblest to the boldest, is packed with patented technologies that go beyond the every day to ensure superior connections and awesome user experiences.
CommScope Recognized as a 2020 Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice for Wired and Wireless LAN Access Infrastructure. Learn more >>
Start-up mind-set — Ruckus engineering team is a very proud pack with a never-say-die attitude, delivering innovative technology, and winning against fierce competition.
Learning — The best way to learn is to surround yourself with people smarter than yourself. A stellar engineering team like ours is just what you may have been looking for, to expand your horizons.
Innovation — Innovating and out-innovating our competition is what keeps us going. We take pride in out-doing our competitors and being the first on the technology front.
Flexibility — Our engineering team enjoys the most flexibility in working hours as we believe in judging by contribution and not by hours.
Our dynamic work environment attracts forward-thinking, hardworking, and caring people who strive to build what’s next. We provide our employees with opportunities where they can innovate and build, while growing and developing their careers. We thrive with change and know the value diversity plays in bringing forth new insights and generating better solutions.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law.