Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Director of Real Estate for the NEC South End Development is responsible for planning and directing the acquisition of property interests for major capital projects on the South End of the Northeast Corridor. This position requires strong management and communication skills as well as property acquisition expertise, as the individual will manage and oversee a team responsible for acquiring more than 800 public and private property interests in the State of Maryland. Working closely with Amtrak’s AVP of Properties and the Senior Director of Portfolio Management for the NEC South End, the Director of Real Estate will manage consultants, multiple work-streams, coordination with other departments and the Federal Railroad Administration, and compliance with federal funding requirements including the Uniform Relocation Act. Individuals in this role work independently with some indirect supervision. The role requires regular analytical and metrics-based reporting to other staff, senior management, and stakeholders.
• Coordinate and direct teams to ensure the timely and cost-effective acquisition of public and private property interests to support major capital projects.
• Manage the development and review of appraisals, acquisition offers, acquisition negotiations, property research, and settlements.
• Ensure compliance with Amtrak and federal funding requirements, including the Uniform Relocation Act.
• Overseeing the timely relocation of displaced businesses and residents, as needed.
• Leading negotiations for public property acquisitions, as needed.
• Once properties are acquired, ensure proper management of acquired property.
• Ensure that program status, schedule, financial performance and forecasting information is available and reportable for senior executives and government regulators.
• Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program execution and work across organization to establish and monitor mitigation plans.
• Strong real estate and program management skills.
• Strong focus on collaboration, team building, and customer service
• Highly motivated and self-directed.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Able to exercise independent judgment and take action on it.
• Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
• Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
• Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, MS Project).
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must have work authorization in the United States.
• Experience acquiring property interests for federally funded transportation projects
• Experience with the Uniform Relocation Act
• Experience acquiring property interests in the State of Maryland
COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Job Family/Function:Research & Strategy
Travel Requirements:Up to 25%
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. Marijuana, notwithstanding any statute, ordinance, regulation, or other law that legalizes or decriminalizes the use or possession of marijuana, whether for medical, recreational, or other use. Candidates who engage in the usage of marijuana will not be qualified for hire. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug-free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety- sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability (including blindness), or veteran status.
POSTING NOTES: Research & Strategy || Corporate Jobs