Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Director, HR Business Partner (HRBP)-Operations or Corporate Partnerships acts as a strategic partner to embedding HR strategy into the client’s business objectives for our West Coast territory. This position provides professional consultative HR guidance and support to relevant internal client groups with the objective of adding value to the overall business, aligning HR strategy and addressing organizational gaps. The Director, HRBP works collaboratively with leaders to prioritize people solutions that accelerate the achievement of business plans through talent management and succession planning, diversity and inclusion, rewards and recognition, organizational effectiveness, compensation strategy, and workforce planning. The Director, HRBP has demonstrated a level of proficiency to effectively serve as a strategic partner while supporting executive and senior level leaders. Role may require leading a team of associate to sr. manager level HR Business Partners assigned to Operations or Corporate partnerships.
• Contributes to the business strategy by helping business leaders identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures, and processes.
• Supports leaders in forecasting and planning their talent pipeline requirements in line with the function or business strategy.
• Drives and facilitates long-term people initiatives aligned with the strategic annual operating plan.
• Identifies strategic talent needs, risks, and gaps, and leads the efforts to create plans to develop employees and leaders using talent management tools and resources.
• Facilitates a strong leadership and coaching culture; enabling managers to assume increasing responsibility and accountability for managing the performance and development of employees.
• Facilitates effective workforce planning activities to deliver business objectives. In partnership with HR leaders, analyzes trends and metrics to develop solutions, programs and policies.
• Develops and consults on employee engagement planning, retention plans and initiatives targeting high potential and critical roles.
• Partners with COEs to address employee relations issues ensuring a balanced partnerships
• Understands the overall organizational structure and makes recommendations as business needs continue to evolve. Provides expert counsel on organizational design, restructuring, and realignment.
• Drives the integration of the performance management philosophy into strategic business goals/plans.
• Serves as a trusted advisor and coach, working with business leaders to ensure understanding of implications of business decisions. Appropriately challenges business decisions from multiple perspectives (business, culture, HC, Legal, Risk Management, etc.)
• Works with cross-functional HR team on various projects that are focused on continuous improvement of HR services and delivery.
• Identifies and assesses need for change initiatives, consults on impact of process improvement initiatives.
• Execute Human Resources initiatives/activity across corporation and specific clients to ensure consistency and meet strategic deliverables (i.e. employee engagement survey, FAAP, etc.)
• Effective use of metrics and statistics (Turnover, Compliance, Succession, Engagement surveys, etc.) to make recommendations for enhancing organizational effectiveness
• 8-10 years of related work experience
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Human Resources, Business, or a related Field; or four additional years of related work experience
• Demonstrated success in driving people initiatives that enhance business performance; strong business acumen required.
• Significant knowledge of HR policies, processes (e.g., workforce planning and talent management), and talent management policies and practices.
• Strategic thinker. Able to provide strategic advice, develop options, analyze risks, make good judgments, and solve problems.
• Strong business acumen with the ability to connect and interpret business strategies in order to be viewed as a credible HR leader.
• Ability to deliver results in a dynamic and oftentimes ambiguous or rapidly changing environment.
• Demonstrated proactive style of operating with a strong sense of urgency.
• Clear, comprehensive understanding of the link between talent and other HR initiatives that can be leveraged to enable the business growth plans.
• Strong skills in organization development, managing/leading change, performance development, coaching, organizational design, talent assessment, and strategic workforce planning.
• Able to develop highly effective working relationships by building credibility, respect and rapport with all levels of management and employees.
• Demonstrated ability to negotiate, influence and persuade senior level executives. Able to engage, inspire, and influence others at all levels. Exceptional collaboration skills: ability to bring cross-functional teams together to achieve better results
• Skilled and credible in advising others on empowering people management.
• Ability to recognize trends and develop recommendations based on data analysis. Clear, concise and influential verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong executive presence with a high degree of interpersonal finesse in order to promote transformational change effectively across diverse groups.
• 8-10+ years of related work experience
• Master’s Degree in Human Resources or related field, or MBA
• S/PHR and/or SHRM S/CP Certification
• Leadership experience in a different functional area
COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Job Family/Function:Human Capital
Travel Requirements:Up to 50%
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
All positions require pre-employment background check verification, a pre-employment drug screen and proof of full vaccination against COVID -19. Amtrak is committed to a safe workplace free of drugs and alcohol and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. Marijuana, notwithstanding any statute, ordinance, regulation, or other law that legalizes or decriminalizes the use or possession of marijuana, whether for medical, recreational, or other use. Candidates who engage in the usage of marijuana will not be qualified for hire. Successful applicants for employment with Amtrak must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire as a condition of employment, subject to requests for accommodation. Fully vaccinated means 14 days have elapsed since receiving the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or 14 days since receiving the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR § 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety-sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, the individual will not be permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an EOE/Affirmative Action Minority/Female employer, and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race/color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions), national origin/ethnicity, age, disability (intellectual, mental and physical), veteran status, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, genetic information, citizenship or any other personal characteristics protected by law.
POSTING NOTES: Human Capital || Corporate Jobs