When you join New York Life, you’re joining a company that values development, career growth, collaboration, innovation, and diversity & inclusion. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. Through various resources and programs, you can grow your career while developing personally and professionally.
The Digital Data Visualization Lead will be responsible for supporting all four digital channels by creating and managing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), tying metric performance to the experience and working with the channel leads to create strategies toward improvement as well as explaining the story behind the numbers across the organization. This individual will work closely with the Shared Services Insights team to understand the data and tools for developing the dashboard.
This role is highly strategic and critical in the building of a digital organization and digital disciplines at New York Life. He/she will help define what success looks like, keeping channel leaders honest with progress, identifying areas of improvements and gleaning insights that will drive decisions. By providing deep data and insights, this will facilitate solid decision-making and prioritization across the digital business toward the goals of improved client experiences, increased revenue and impactful cost saves.
To build the foundation for digital service data tracking and strategy, this person must be able to translate business roadmaps and client needs into a metric-based approach, isolating the most critical KPIs, while including supporting KPIs as well. The individual must also be able to tell a story behind the numbers in order to inform strategy decisions. This role requires candidates who have very strong relationship skills and know how to build relationships and trust throughout the organization. He/she will be a charismatic, energetic, and diplomatic leader with the interpersonal skills and intellect needed to drive value for NY Life’s clients.
- Create and manage a Digital Service dashboard supporting myNYL.com, Desktop CRM tools, Telephony and Field Solutions channels
- Communicate performance and articulate in concise narrative with clear action takeaways for stakeholders
- Make large and/or complex data more accessible, understandable and usable by delivering data in a useful and appealing way to users
- Data manipulation involving data extractions and data matching between multiple systems
- Define data visualization requirements and creating designs to facilitate interpretation and data insights
- Empower channel teams to understand their KPIs and equip them to make informed, data-driven decisions
- Create strategy with channel leads on roadmap prioritization for data coding or tagging needs to capture KPI data
- Understand overall business KPI prioritization
- Liaise closely with the Shared Services Insights Team to understand data, tools and best practices
- Maintain familiarity with channel roadmaps and key projects
- Support and advise on deep dive analyses to help drive strategies by partnering with Shared Services as well
- Serve as digital service performance and storyteller lead for Digital Service Organization
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in a digital data analyst or related role
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, SQL
- Proficiency in charting and other data visualization tools (Tableau preferred)
- Preferred experience with Agile practices and methodologies
- Creating and editing data visual content including charts and graphs.
- Transforming data sets, quantitative and qualitative analysis into compelling visuals
- Comfortable understanding and discussing architectural concepts and algorithms, and assessing trade-offs with team members
- Strong emphasis in client experience analytic solutions
- Experience in digital at an insurance organization preferred, but not required
- Analytical mindset with aptitude toward translating meaning behind numbers
- Ability to communicate data insights and presenting concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong presentation and communication skills with a leader presence among a senior audience
Please note: This role requires FINRA licensed and/or FINRA Associated Person pre-hire fingerprinting.
Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by our Foundation. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.J
Job Requisition ID: 83026