Job ID: 101542
Required Travel :Minimal
Managerial – No
Every day, billions of transactions, calls and messages that hold the world’s communications fabric together run on systems that Amdocs has helped create.
Because we work with some of the largest and most innovative companies on the planet, our work makes an impact. Over the past four decades, we have continually reinvented ourselves, and as we keep moving into exciting new areas such as media, gaming, IoT, 5G, cloud services and more, there are always opportunities for us to grow and develop. We will nurture your entrepreneurial instincts with open doors and promote your ability to seize the day. Our company comprises amazing people, a supportive atmosphere and a culture built on mutual support, respect and a “feel good factor” that can only happen in a workplace built by the kind of people Amdocs employs.
Make your career journey with us.
As a DevOps Team Lead you will be responsible to manage the work of the DevOps Engineers, assigning technical tasks, coaching team members, performing code reviews, managing team documentation, and inspiring innovation in the team.
What will your job look like?
- You will work as part of DevOps team in the Amdocs IT MIS unit responsible for the development and operations of applications used through all Amdocs business units.
- The DevOps Team Lead will be responsible for DevOps Engineering tasks such as developing and maintaining the CI/CD pipelines for all Amdocs MIS development projects spanning a wide array of technologies on-premise and cloud.
- You will receive requirements from development projects in order to analyze and propose creative solutions for implementing them into the DevOps pipeline in a generic way to can benefit the wider development community.
- You will work in collaboration with development and architecture teams in order to continuously optimize DevOps processes and tools including identifying and automating manual tasks, improving pipeline performance, designing for scalability and availability, and driving feature reusability.
- Support and improve our tools for continuous build, automated testing, and release management;
- Work closely with Development and Architect teams, Quality Engineering and Operations teams to identify, prioritise, and drive issues to resolution quickly;
- Improve the effectiveness of our build and release cycle through the development, tracking, and reporting of metrics;
- Own, manage and improve our release process with a focus on scale and efficiency;
- Build and maintain tools needed during release pushes;
- Automate repeatable tasks with scripting languages such as Python/Ruby/Bash.
AWS, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Nexus OSS, Checkmarx, ELK, Prometheus, Grafana, Alertmanager, Ansible/Terraform, DynamoDB, CloudFormation.
Essential professional experience:
- 3+ years experience with software engineering, release engineering, and/or configuration management;
- Strong knowledge of AWS;
- Expertise with a variety of build, release, and management packages;
- Expertise with build automation tools;
- Sonarqube/Checkmarx or equivalent SAST code quality application
- Experience hands-on with K8s administration and deployments
- Familiarity with Cloud Native application concepts
- Familiarity with AWS or Azure Cloud deployments
- Expertise with AWS SAM, CDK, CloudFormation;
- Expertise with Configuration Management tools Ansible/Chef/Puppet/Salt;
- Experience with artifact management products Nexus/Jfrog
- Understanding the CI/CD processes;
- Experience building Java and Node.JS applications;
- Linux administration (RedHat or Debian based distributions);
- Experience working with Atlassian Jira, Confluence products
- Ability to create, debug and improve Groovy, Python, Bash scripts.
As a plus:
- Working knowledge of DynamoDB and RDS databases;
- MS Team Foundation Server
- Managed K8S(AKS, EKS, GKE) or Rancher
- Azure DevOps
- Experience with monitoring (DataDog, Zabbix, AWS CloudWatch).
Why you will love this job:
• You will be challenged with the leading and mentoring of a small development team.
• You will be challenged with leading the technical aspects of the project.
• You will have the opportunity to work in a growing organization, with ever growing opportunities for personal growth.
• You will have the opportunity to work with the industry’s most advanced technologies.
Amdocs is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce