Req Id: 328872
Bell is a truly Canadian company with a 132-year track record of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential. To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada’s leading communications company, we’re committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you’re passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team. An integral part of our customer service focus, includes contact centers across Canada supporting all of our Bell Mobility and Bell Residential Services customers. Our Customer Operations team is responsible for strategy, design and delivery of core call centre tools and processes, including queue strategy, routing, and call monitoring tools.
We have been building our Business Intelligence team and have made tremendous strides in creating the BEST BI environment this industry has seen! As a result, we’ve been able to provide strategic guidance and intelligence that has contributed to Bell’s success. If you want to work with the latest & greatest BI tools like, Best in Class Cloud and Hadoop all within an Agile Methodology environment, then this may be the role for you!
Our people are empowered to make big things happen and are supported by growth, training and personal development opportunities.
Google Cloud Engineer will be a key member of the Bell Business Intelligence Big Data Team and work on the Google Cloud platform. Google Cloud Engineer will work closely with Administrators, Data Scientists, and business stakeholders. This position will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Design and build an ecosystem of modern data technologies on premise and on GCP cloud
- Revamp the current platform by re-engineering data acquisition, storage, processing, security, data management, governance, and analysis
- Work with clients to define the future-state architectures of their data platforms and play a lead role in setting up a roadmap to reach that state
- Develop high-performance data processing pipelines
- Ability to take initiative to research, learn and recommend emerging technologies
- Aim for defect-free programming, create and maintain quality code, provide support during testing cycles and post-production deployment, engage in peer code reviews.
- Advanced and extensive knowledge of the business (or organization), technical environment, standards, processes, procedures, programming languages and operating systems.
- Readiness and motivation (as senior or lead developer and valued subject matter expert) to address and resolve highly complex and multifaceted development-related issues, often independently.
- Experience developing and using virtualization, container-based and cloud platforms such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, GCP,AWS, Azure etc.
- Minimum 3 years of designing, building and operationalizing large-scale enterprise data solutions and applications using one or more of GCP data and analytics services in combination with 3rd parties – Spark, Cloud DataProc, Cloud Dataflow, Apache Beam, BigTable, Cloud BigQuery, Cloud PubSub, Cloud Functions, etc.
- Minimum 3 years of designing and building production data pipelines from ingestion to consumption within a hybrid big data architecture, using Java, Python, Scala etc.
- Minimum 1 year of architecting and implementing next generation data and analytics platforms on GCP cloud
- Minimum 1 year of designing and implementing data engineering, ingestion and curation functions on GCP cloud using GCP native or custom programming
- Strong Communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
Candidates will be required to complete a coding test as part of the interview process.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Don Mills
Application Deadline: 10/18/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Don Mills
Bell, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.