Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology who wants to use artificial intelligence to solve real-world problems, a roll-up-your-sleeves software developer who thrives in a daily collaborative environment, and a technology leader looking for experience in multiple fast-changing global industries?
What will your typical day look like?
You will join the AI Factory – our AI software development team. We coordinate and synthesize the powers of Omnia AI to create unique and targeted products that optimize the way a business works. Combining machine – learning capabilities with deep business and industry acumen allows us to solve complex problems and build tangible, enterprising solutions. The AI Factory is a creation engine that is continually learning, evolving and driving change. It’s built into our DNA and it informs our approach to product design.
Your role at Deloitte will be to work with developers, data scientists and other DevOps professionals to design and provision infrastructure and deploy software and AI/ML models using modern DevOps principles – both in on-premise and in cloud computing environments. Successful candidates will have supported production software deployments (on-premise and/or on cloud) and have a passion for automation and repeatability.
Deloitte Omnia, Deloitte's Artificial Intelligence practice is comprised of specialized experts with hands-on experience, and cutting-edge information products that facilitate successful Artificial Intelligence (AI) transformations. We develop AI-enabled solutions to address all aspects of a client’s transformative journey with disciplined focus on business outcomes.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
What you will bring
- 2+ years in an infrastructure and/or DevOps role
- BS or MS in computer science, or equivalent
- Strong working knowledge of Kubernetes – installation, maintenance and operational
- Hosted Kubernetes on AWS, Azure or GCP
- Installing and maintaining on-premise Kubernetes infrastructure
- Working knowledge of configuration management, continuous integration & delivery, and/or infrastructure-as-code tools
- Strong experience of automating manual steps to ensure continuous and repeatable processes
- Proven record of following continuous integration and delivery best practices
- Expertise in GIT and Jenkins pipelines
- Working knowledge of automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, etc.
- Experience on setting up monitoring infrastructure for bare-metal deployments as well as K8s
- Understanding of common networking principles and technologies (domain name systems, load balancers, reverse proxies, firewalls, etc.)
- Understanding of common cloud computing concepts, including virtual machines, virtual networks, autoscaling, serverless computing, and identity & access management
- Understanding of cloud computing and on-premise security principles and best practices
- Common Linux server distributions (e.g. Redhat, Ubuntu, etc.)
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.