Requisition ID: 235241
Requisition Posting End Date: 06/17/2021
Yanacocha is South America’s largest gold mine, located in the province and department of Cajamarca, approximately 800 kilometers northeast of Lima, Peru. Yanacocha’s operations are situated between 3,500 and 4,100 meters above sea level with development activities in four primary basins. The operation is a joint venture between Newmont (51.35%), Minas Buenaventura (43.65%) and Sumitomo Corporation (5%). Bechtel’s Customer is Newmont Corporation.
The Yanacocha Sulfides Project (YSP) aims to profitably and sustainably produce gold and copper from the sulfide deposits within the current Minera Yanacocha SRL (MYSRL) operational footprint. The project will add approximately 3.9 million ounces of gold, 34.5M ounces of silver and 582 thousand tonnes of copper. This represents 6.6 million gold equivalent ounces (GEO) of production (from 2024 to 2041) by efficiently and economically processing high grade metal dominant sulfide ores from Chaquicocha Underground and Yanacocha Verde Phase 1 deposits through an integrated process flow sheet that includes an autoclave, passive copper leaching, and a flotation circuit, complete with solvent extraction and electrowinning. This extends the commercial life of Yanacocha from 2028 to 2041.
Bechtel was selected in a competitive environment as the EPCM contractor for Stages 3 and 4 of the Project – Stage 3 being the Definitive Feasibility Study, and Stage 4 the Execution Phase. Stage 3 which was kicked off in August 2019 is scheduled for completion by December 2020 with submittal of the Stage 3 Gate Report, and support of Newmont’s internal processes through to a Board decision regarding Stage 4 in Dec 2021.
Large scale construction design, procurement, and fabrication with strong emphasis on project oversight. Manage diverse work groups representing many facets of large scale industrial construction projects, and a strong knowledge of various CAD software programs.
Types of Tank Projects
- LNG Storage Tanks (Single/Double and Full Containment)
- Ammonia Storage Tanks
- Ethylene Storage Tanks
- LIN/LOX Storage Tanks
- Egg Shaped Digesters
- Granular Bulk Storage
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience or 16 years of relevant experience in the absence of a degree.
- A minimum of five years of field engineering experience in at least one discipline as well as a minimum of two years of supervisory experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of field surveying lead experience in constructing field erected storage and large LNG storage tanks
- Thorough knowledge of construction activities as they relate to engineering disciplines, cost and scheduling
- Specific knowledge of the Tanks Business Line operations and its product line
- Proficient with a variety of communication means and methods
- Experience with graphic design tools
- Proficient with Autocad, Microstation, Solidworks, Tekla, Synchro, Microsoft office suite, surveying software
- Familiarity with Bechtel’s work processes and procedures
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.