Role Title: Desktop IT Support
Location: Dublin City Centre
This role is being offered on a permanent basis.
Are you comfortable working face to face with busy business clients while trying to resolve technical issues with their time critical systems?
Summary of role:
We are currently seeking to fill the role of a Desktop IT Support Specialist. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing 1st and 2nd level on-site support to the AIB Dealing Room in Dublin and remote support to other locations in Ireland and the UK and have IT technical competencies applicable to the role of this level e.g. Windows 10, Active Directory, Trading Room systems.
As a team member the successful candidate will also be expected to take responsibility, make decisions and undertake troubleshooting at a technical level, through own knowledge or effective consultation with team specialists and vendors/engineers.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Provide on-site cover to the Dealing Room (Team Rota) from 7:00am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday and on Weekends and Bank Holidays when required. Monitor and respond to IT related incidents logged by Dealing Room customers.
- Work on own initiative to resolve technical issues raised by the Dealing Room, AIB Group or 3rd party suppliers and where necessary identify new systems, tools, standards, processes etc. to help improve the quality of service provided to the Dealing Room customers.
- Ensure that emerging and on-going business requirements are accommodated by researching and reviewing new systems and applications before deploying to the Dealing Room.
- Contribute to the program of continuous improvement of the daily practices of the team.
- Ensure that appropriate documentation in relation to systems, services and processes is provided and maintained in accordance with required standards.
Who are we?
We’re AIB. A strong Irish bank packed with purpose – to back our customers to achieve their dreams and ambitions. That goes for our employees too. We’re made of small teams where you have the chance to shine.
Why join us?
We are excited about how we have changed our focus. We want to be at the heart of our customers’ financial lives by giving them an exceptional experience. We are building a culture that breaks the conventions of what our customers and employees expect of a bank.
Does this sound like something that you want to be part of?
You will need to show us that you have the following knowledge and experience:
- Minimum of 2 years working in a similar IT role
- Desktop and Application Support – MS Windows 10 O/S, Active Directory, MS Office Suite, basic understanding of networks.
- Trading Room systems support – Knowledge of the following would be an advantage Bloomberg, Refinitiv, Trading Room phone systems and voice recording.
- IT Service Management Best Practice – The ability to apply best practice IT Service Management processes in the delivery and support of IT services e.g. the ITIL best practice framework.
- System Security – Good understanding of systems security and best practices for the prevention of internal security breaches, data loss or corporate brand damage.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills from both a hardware and software perspective.
If you feel you have what it takes, Click Apply and fill in the online application form. If you would like more information Philip Roche from the Talent Acquisition Team can help. You can contact them by email at Careers@aib.ie
By when? Closing date is 8th December