Requisition ID: 233463
Requisition Posting End Date: 04/17/2021
Saudi Arabian Bechtel Company will provide project management consultancy services (including technical, commercial and construction management) for the development of certain defined aspects of the NEOM Infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
NEOM is a planned cross-border city in the Tabuk Province of northwestern Saudi Arabia. The site is near the Red Sea and the borders of Egypt, Israel and Jordan. It will cover a total area of 26,500 km2 (10,200 sq mi) and will extend 460 km along the coast of the Red Sea.”
NEOM will be the home and workplace to more than a million residents from around the world. It will include towns and cities, ports and enterprise zones, research centers, sports and entertainment venues, and tourist destinations. As a hub for innovation, entrepreneurs, business leaders and companies will come to research, incubate and commercialize new technologies and enterprises in groundbreaking ways.
Detailed Job Description
The Design Manager – Rail plans and coordinates related engineering work on extremely large complex project. Full technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating assignments. Responsible for acting independently on rail engineering matters pertaining to the project, projects or designated large engineering assignments.
- Manages all rail engineering activities on a large, complex project/program or on multiple lesser size projects.
- Establishes/manages the overall rail engineering budget, maintains ownership, and ensures execution within approved budgets.
- Keeps informed on the status of all projects involving assigned personnel with respect to schedule, budget, work quality and client satisfaction, and contributes leadership, experience and expertise in the solution of difficult problems.
- Reviews major changes or deviations in rail project scope, project material quantities, budget or schedule, and assists particularly with defining the change, obtaining accurate estimates of the hours involved, and recommending budget adjustment.
- Directs and provides technical and administrative guidance to assigned Project and/or discipline Engineers in the management of engineering projects.
- Champions the creation of a work environment, supported by leadership, which fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction on the project or program.
- Take personal responsibility to ensure your own and others’ health and safety – including those who may be affected by the delivery of this role.
- Co‐operate in all matters relating to health, safety and environment, including following safe working procedures at all times and not deviating from agreed safe system of work
- Advocate, promote and engage Bechtel’s health, safety and environmental policies and initiatives
- Conducts annual performance reviews in accordance with approved procedures and holds career development
Essential Technical Skills:
- Degree or postgraduate qualification
- Minimum of 20 years progressive experience
- Evidence of direct experience in managing and executing rail projects
- Strong English language communication and report writing skills.
- Ability to prepare clear strategic planning procedures and user friendly templates to assist entities in undertaking forward, strategic planning.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Design Suite software programs and have the ability to prepare
Essential Behavioral Skills:
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, be a team player and have a knowledge sharing approach.
- Will have consultancy experience and be looking to broaden their planning and design skillset
- Must be able to work within a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural team and manage challenging multi-cultural relationships across a range of entities.
- Must be self-driven and able to plan and execute work without direct supervision from senior management and/or peers.
- Must to be flexible and adapt to working in a demanding PMO environment, including the need to travel and work remotely if / when required.
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Relevant experience in the KSA and a sound understanding of the cultural norms and requirements of the region.
- Arabic is preferred for the position (due to the degree of interaction required with Saudi Nationals).
Living and Working on the NEOM Project is a single status assignment condition in various locations. This position is designated to be in Hong Kong. Ability to adapt to other locations is requested.
Due to COVID 19 challenges during the start up of the project special flights and quarantine accommodations will be provided.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.