Lubrizol Additives is a pioneering global supplier of chemical additives technologies including additives for engine oils, driveline applications, gasoline and diesel fuel, other transportation related fluids and industrial lubricants. We are committed to providing value to our customers, and we understand that success comes from working together. The Lubrizol Additives team is passionate about what we do. Our customers count on us for trusted expertise,testing confidence, supply assurance and independent strength. We are looking for top talent to help inspire new ideas, create opportunities and enable the advancement of innovative technologies. We offer abundant opportunities for career growth in a challenging, collaborative environment. Learn more about how we are achieving Success Together.
Job Title : Deputy Manager Production
Reporting : Head Production
Location : Turbhe (Mumbai)
Entity : Lubrizol India Private Limited
Summary of the Role
Is the leader of the shift & overall site in charge in the silent hours.
Manage all the activities within the operations group in shifts to enable the production units to operate optimally in compliance with stated safety policy, environment protection and maintaining proper Industrial Relations.
- Communication: Production staff, Maintenance, Laboratory, Projects, Admin, Occupational Health Centre, Security and Environment.
- Interface: Engg Stores
- DISH, MPCB, Police and surrounding community.
- Lead and manage workforce in multi shift environment to meet Product Quality and delivery requirements with due compliance to Safety and environment protection requirements.
- Administrative in charge of the site in silent hours.
- Ensure the shift production planning is executed & instructions are communicated.
- Ability to analyze risks associated with various jobs carried out in his shifts.
- Able to coordinate activities during emergency situations in shifts take appropriate decision.
- Collaborate with unit in charges & other service functions to ensure smooth execution of production plan.
- Monitor and report daily stock of raw material, utilities, finish product and dispatch.
- Adept in Problem identification & solving, RCA, Trouble shooting in shifts.
Coordinate & prioritize maintenance activities to achieve minimum unit downtime.
- Manage utilities – distribution & daily consumption monitoring.
- Should be able to maintain proper Industrial relations within his group.
- Coordinate to ensure proper housekeeping in the plant in his shift.
- Ensure compliance to Cardinal rules requirement in safety permits.
REQUIREMENTS (education, experience, competencies and specific job requirements):
Education / Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering from a reputed college/ university & 6 -10 years’ experience in Manufacturing, currently working in shifts.
- Should have strong desire to take bigger and broader role within 2 – 3 years span
Experience and Skills
- 6-10 years sound plant operation experience involving hazardous chemicals and advanced Process automation. In specialty chemical industry with batch process.
- Those having exposure to MNC work culture will be added advantage.
- Having sound knowledge & work experience of DCS operated plant as shift-in-charge.
- Exposure to a strong safety culture & safety program.
- Experience of successfully managing plant operations in multi-shift environment.
- Experience in troubleshooting during shift operations & maintaining the production continuity.
- Exposure to RCA, Good work permit systems.
- Demonstrated ability as a strong leader. Able to influence & monitor unionized employee during the shift hours.
Planning: – Able to plan the sequential operations, identify the resources required & remove obstacles. Communicate & execute the plans.
Execution: – Execute and improve day today shift work processes to ensure achievement of production targets. Monitor quality and process, identify needs, suggest & implement changes in work flow process driving enhancements.
Makes sound & timely decisions on everyday issues and problems requiring immediate attention.
Demonstrates sense of urgency and strong commitment to achieving goals
About Us: The LZA South Asia manufacturing plant is at Turbhe, Navi Mumbai. Lubrizol India Pvt. Ltd. (LIPL) manufactures and markets fuel and lubricant additives and specialty performance chemicals for industry. With its strong technological and operational competencies, LIPL has the ability to adopt the changing needs of its customers, other stakeholders and society at large.
Our Employment offers you –
1. Diversity & Inclusion – Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We believe that embracing diversity, inclusion and a global mindset will be a key enabler of our success. https://www.lubrizol.com/Sustainability/Social/Diversity-and-Inclusion
2. Culture – Lubrizol’s culture of accountability and empowerment drives our success. Together, we are Lubrizol: Where science excels, and people make a difference.
3. Work Life Balance – We provide flexible working schedule that empowers you to split time and energy between work and other important areas of your life successfully.
4. Benefits – We believe our employees are most important to us. We take care of our diverse workforce and a culture of inclusive engagement in the workplace. We develop and train our employees and provide flexible medical benefits to address medical urgencies. Do explore to know more.