Location: [[city]], California (US-CA), [[country]]
Hiring Manager: Paul Blair Braga
Recruiter: Sharon Kathleen Romesser
Field Clinical Representative for Deep Brain Stimulation
Boston Scientific Neuromodulation
About the role:
At Boston Scientific Neuromodulation, you join a team that is focused on improving the lives of our patients through technology and service. Parkinson’s Disease affects 10 million people worldwide, including more than 1 million in the US alone. Our global mission—our passion and purpose—is to support appropriate patients with cutting-edge technology. We are a global leader in Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS); and we launched that technology into the US market in 2018. If you have a passion for helping patients, a strategic mindset for advancing therapy in your local market, and the experience to support clinicians in complex cases; let’s talk about how your skills paired with the Boston Scientific organization can advance Deep Brain Stimulation in your geography.
Your responsibilities will include:
- The Field Clinical Representative will cultivate a customer base, continuously prospect for new customers, act on leads and persuasively position our commercially approved products and services versus competitors. Drive sales revenue to achieve territory objectives.
- Develop key relationships with functional neurosurgeons, movement disorder clinicians, technicians, nurses and patients.
- Thrive within a high-achiever culture.
- Cultivate thorough knowledge and insight of competitor technology strengths, weaknesses and strategies.
- Demonstrate financial discipline and optimize resources at the territory level.
- Understand hospital buying process for implantable devices. Collaborate with sales leadership, Health Education & Reimbursement to achieve on-contract status at key accounts.
- Support complex neurosurgery cases. Maintain composure in complex clinical situations.
- Lead local Health Care Provider training on device technology and device programming capability. Support academic center journal clubs and Allied Health Practitioner skill development.
- You’ll have responsibility for defining and developing new business opportunities within a defined geographic territory.
- You will introduce innovative technology to functional neurosurgeons and to movement disorder neurologists.
- You’ll help Boston Scientific connect to Parkinson’s Disease patient advocates and to patient education groups.
- You will also assess local competitive conditions in order to help Boston Scientific create access to our novel technology for patients in need.
- This position is a field-based sales position within the assigned territory. You will be in daily collaboration with other local Field Clinical Representatives, Therapy Consultants, and the Regional Business Director in your area.
What we’re looking for in you:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years’ work experience in a sales’ and/or clinical role or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years’ DBS experience.
- Medical device sales and/or clinical education experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Biology, Kinesiology or other related science field.
- Experience with functional neurosurgeons, Parkinson’s Disease, movement disorders, physical therapy, registered nurse, surgical technician, or similar field.
Requisition ID: 506419