Primary Function: Dist CenterMachine Picking – 10am to finish
Performs tasks associated with the receipt, storage, and shipment of product while meeting productivity, quality, safety, behavioral and attendance expectations. Effectively and efficiently uses established procedures, tools, equipment, and technologies to complete transactions related to inbound and outbound processes with a distribution center
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Safely perform assigned warehouse functions utilizing established processes, procedures and tools while meeting performance expectations for productivity, quality, safety and attendance.
- Functions may include, but are not limited to unloading, put-away, sorting, labeling, picking, packing, replenishing, auditing, shipping, making boxes, etc.
- Complies with Grainger policies, guidelines and procedures as well as state and federal regulations, OSHA and Hazardous Material requirements in the storage, handling and movement of product.
- Performs necessary housekeeping duties in order to maintain a clean, safe, organized work environment.
- Actively participates in process improvements by utilizing Grainger’s quality system.
Essential Functions and Requirements:
- Must be able to tolerate an environment with exposure to heat, cold, noise, dust and work around moving equipment.
- Able to meet productivity, quality, safety, and attendance requirements, including overtime as required.
- Able to continuously lift, slide and lower packages up to 50 pounds and may frequently weigh up to 75 pounds
- May be required to operate powered industrial equipment to pick and/or putaway items in our racks, which can be approximately 34 feet tall, and at times in narrow aisles.
- Must be able to work at various elevated stations throughout the DC.
- Able to operate computerized scanning equipment.
- Able to work in a team environment.