Company Name: Smith’s Layton Distribution Center
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Responsible for safely transporting goods to stores and customers of the distribution trucking company. The company also requires that all employees perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Drive truck to deliver goods to stores and other customers.
- Adhere to corporate and departmental safety standards.
- Inspect truck for defects before, during and after trips; submits report indicating truck condition.
- Check refrigeration trailer for malfunctions.
- Weigh load.
- Unload merchandise at store.
- Pick up goods at vendor locations (backhauls) and verifies products and quantities as loaded.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Commitment to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important and appreciated.
- Must meet Federal Department of Transportation physical requirements.
- Ability to work weekends on a regular basis.
- Ability to work overtime on a regular basis.
- Ability to travel on a regular basis.
- Ability to work any shift.
- Ability to work varied schedule as needs of business require.
- Ability and willingness to continue education as necessary.
- Familiarity with trucking terms and processes.
- Valid commercial driver’s license Class A with doubles, triples endorsement.
- Ability to operate the following special equipment, machinery and/or special tools: over-the -road tractors, refrigeration units, and dollies.
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Three years active driving experience, with two years doubles experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED Desired
Required Certifications/Licenses: CDL A
Position Type: Full-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening; Overnight
Jobs at Kroger Logistics: Kroger Logistics is a best-in-class supply chain team that services our more than 2,500 grocery and convenience stores that stretch coast-to-coast across the U.S., including Alaska. We are comprised of more than 30 distribution centers, regional freight centers, transportation and office locations. In Kroger Logistics, we offer career opportunities in Safety, Professional Driving, Warehouse Operations, International Logistics, Engineering, Supply Chain and Human Resources. If you are looking for an ever-changing, fast-paced environment focused on supporting our Customer 1st Strategy, we welcome your online application.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: UT || Layton || 500 North Sugar Street || 84041 || Smith’s Layton Distribution Center || None || Logistics/Supply Chain || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || CDL A