Power the Possibilities
The CDK Global technology team is looking for collaborative innovators who are passionate about making their mark on emerging enterprise software products. We’re building and developing cloud technology for the automotive retail industry
that will change the landscape for automotive dealers, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and the customers they serve.
Be Part of Something Bigger
Each year, more than three percent of the U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) is attributed to the auto industry, which flows through our customer, the auto dealer. It’s time you joined an evolving marketplace where research and development
investment is measured in the tens of billions. It’s time you were a part of something bigger.
We’re expanding our workforce – engineers, architects, developers and more – onboarding early adopters who can optimize, pivot and keep pace with ever-evolving development roadmaps and applications.
Join Our Team
Growth potential, flexibility and material impact on the success and quality of a next-gen, enterprise software product make CDK an excellent choice for those who thrive in challenging, fast-paced engineering environments.
The possibilities for impact are endless. We have exceptional opportunities to evolve our industry by driving change through new technology.
If you’re ready for high-impact, you’re ready for CDK.
Infrastructure Support Engineer IV
This is an Infrastructure Support Engineering position for SQL Server database technology. Infrastructure Support Engineer (IE) is responsible for enterprise wide work initiatives, projects and provide solutions to CDK’s entire portfolio of products from mature to emerging technologies. The environment is dynamic and changes can be driven by technology advancements, Organizational objectives to improve efficiency and service levels via automation, enhancing business agility or effectively managing strategic mergers, acquisitions and spin offs.
This position requires technical liaison between operations teams, engineers and architects, provide critical design and operational insight to upcoming implementations and strategies, ability to deliver results under time sensitive deadlines, great collaboration skills and solid understanding of multiple technologies.
- Provide technical and consulting leadership in maintaining SQL Server database environments.
- Participate in planning efforts with stakeholders and IT groups.
- Analyze business process application requirements to produce formal analysis and design documents with minimal supervision.
- Provide cost/time estimates, capacity planning of database environments.
- Recommend changes/enhancements for improved systems availability, reliability and performance.
- Institute process for continuous improvement.
- Evaluate new technology from time to time to benefit the applications or administer database.
- Host meetings, provide guidance and support to R&D/ DBA team.
- Assist on critical production issues, identify root cause and provide mitigation plan.
- Oversees conformance to departmental standards, meet audit and compliance processes and assist in collecting audit evidence as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or equivalent education experience.
- 10+ years of MS SQL server experience in designing, implementing and administrating database system on multiple MS SQL Server versions from SQL 2005 to SQL 2019.
- Thorough knowledge of SQL Server installation, configurations, troubleshooting, performance tuning skills required.
- Experience implementing and managing Windows clustering and AlwaysOn Failover Cluster Instances (FCI), Always-On Availability Groups, Mirroring, Log shipping.
- Thorough knowledge of Windows, 2012, 2016 and preferable 2019.
- Ability to diagnose problems and triage/resolve issues across various tiers (application, network, database, server, or storage tiers).
- Must have strong experience with TSQL, Powershell scripting.
- Ability to implement automation to reduce manual administrative tasks through use of jobs or other technologies.
- Experience in database upgrade/migrate, patching, backup recovery of large databases.
- Experience in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) report development.
- SQL Server deployments on AWS is a plus.
- Experience using agile methodologies, Jira and other Atlassian products.
- Familiarity with ITIL process.
- Good communication and collaboration skills, team player.
- Excellent service-driven customer-focused skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and perform effectively under pressure.
- Provide on-call escalation support for production systems
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.