No Relocation Assistance Offered
# 122060 – Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Do you want to come to work with a smile and leave with one as well? In between those smiles, your day consists of working in a global organization, continually learning and collaborating, having stimulating discussions, and making impactful contributions!
If this is how you see your career, Colgate is the place to be!
Our dependable household brands, dedicated employees, and sustainability commitments make us a company passionate about building a future to smile about for our employees, consumers, and surrounding communities. The pride in our brand fuels a workplace that encourages creative thinking, champions experimentation, and promotes authenticity which has contributed to our enduring success. If you want to work for a company that lives by their values, then give your career a reason to smile…every single day.
In today’s dynamic analytical / technological environment, it is an exciting time to be a part of the Analytics team at Colgate. Our highly insight driven and innovative team is dedicated to driving growth for Colgate Palmolive in this ever-changing landscape.
What role will you play as a member of Colgate’s Analytics team?
The Advanced Analytics vertical in Colgate Palmolive is focused on working on business cases which have big $ impact and scope for scalability. With clear focus on addressing the business questions, with recommended actions
The Data Scientist position would lead Advanced Analytics projects within the Analytics Continuum. Conceptualizes and builds predictive modeling, simulations, and optimization solutions for clear $ objectives and measured value
The Data Scientist would work on a range of projects ranging across Revenue Growth Management, Market Effectiveness, Forecasting etc.
Data Scientist needs to manage relationships independently with Business and to drive projects such as Price Promotion, Marketing Mix and Forecasting
Who are you…
You are a function expert –
- Leads Advanced Analytics within the Analytics Continuum
- Conceptualizes and builds predictive modeling, simulations, and optimization solutions to address business questions or use cases
- Applies ML and AI to analytics algorithms to build inferential and predictive models allowing for scalable solutions to be deployed across the business
- Conducts model validations and continuous improvement of the algorithms, capabilities, or solutions built
You connect the dots –
- Drive insights from internal and external data for business
- Assemble large, sophisticated data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Build data tools for Business analytics to assist them in decision making
You are a collaborator –
- Work closely with Division/Global Analytics team
- Work with data and analytics specialists across functions to drive data solutions
You are an innovator –
- Identify, design, and implement process improvements: while continuously automating processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
What you’ll need
- Graduation/Masters in Statistics/ Applied Mathematics/ Computer Science
- 3+ years of experience in building data models and driving insights
- Hands-on/experience on developing statistical models, such as regression, laso, random forest etc.
- Hands on experience Python, R, SQL, AI/ML, building algorithms
- Working knowledge on tools like Tableau, Domo Power BI
- Experience front facing Business teams (Client facing role) supporting and working with multi-functional teams in a dynamic environment
What you’ll need…(Preferred)
- Managing, transforming, and developing statistical models for RGM/Pricing and/or Marketing Effectiveness
- Experience with third-party data i.e., syndicated market data, Point of Sales, etc.
- Working knowledge of consumer packaged goods industry
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for partners using: Periscope, Business Objects, D3, ggplot, etc
- Willingness and ability to experiment with new tools and techniques
- Good facilitation and project management skills
- Ability to maintain personal composure and thoughtfully handle difficult situations.
- Knowledge of Google products (BigQuery, data studio, coda, colab etc)
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet.
For more information about Colgate’s global business, visit the Company’s web site at http://www.colgatepalmolive.com. To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® oral health education program, please visit http://www.colgatebsbf.com. To learn more about Hill’s and the Hill’s Food, Shelter & Love program please visit http://www.hillspet.com. To learn more about Tom’s of Maine please visit http://www.tomsofmaine.com.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject “Accommodation Request” should you require accommodation.