Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto; Calgary; Montreal; Ottawa; Vancouver
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
Uncover the possibilities of AI in your career and set the foundation for success tomorrow
Do you want to help our clients grow and adopt world-class, leading data & analytics platforms? Are you motivated by solving complex problems by leveraging best-in-class data platform architecture? We want to hear from you!
What will your typical day look like?<p> </p>
As a Data Architect – Snowflake within our Omnia AI practice, you will be a team player to a portfolio of Deloitte’s Omnia AI engagements (projects). You will have the opportunity to be involved in the full life-cycle of AI projects, which includes contributing in proposal development and pursuit assistance, project delivery, and internal projects aiming to leverage top data management applications.
You will be able to work on the largest and most advanced Analytics projects on the market: 2019, 2020, 2021 Gartner Data & Analytics Service Provider leader.
Specifically, you will:
• Help our clients resolve their most complicated data & analytics problems to build, maintain, improve or re-architect solutions on Snowflake.
• Work with and lead cross functional teams on architecting, optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up.
• Help our clients understand advantages and disadvantages of specific Snowflake Data architecture choices and provide subject matter expertise and lessons learned for your previous projects.
• Develop highly efficient teams of internal resources and guide their development journey on Snowflake.
About the team<p> </p>
Deloitte Omnia AI, Deloitte’s Artificial Intelligence practice is comprised of specialized experts with hands-on experience, and cutting-edge information assets that facilitate successful Artificial Intelligence (AI) transformations. We develop AI-enabled solutions to address all aspects of a client’s transformative journey with disciplined focus on business outcomes.
Our Data Modernization & Analytics team helps clients design and implement the data platform architectures – be it in the cloud or on-premise – required to enable cutting-edge AI solutions. We work closely with the Omnia AI Strategy, AI Data Science and AI Factory (custom developed AI assets) teams to drive successful business outcomes. You will be part of a practice to deliver a breadth of solutions to solve our clients most challenging business problems, with a focus on Big Data, BI/DW, Data Integration, Data Governance, Master Data and Analytics applications. Each of these applications leverages a different mix of traditional and innovative technologies to achieve business outcomes. To support our continued growth, we are looking to add many team players with hands-on work experience ideally in the data, analytics and/or AI domains.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you<p> </p>
You are someone with:
• Experience playing a key role where you were the lead (or one of) data or solution architect on at least 2 multi-million data projects (modernization, data lake build, migration, etc.)
• 3+ years of hands-on experience Snowflake (demonstrated via hands on, specific, project experience) with at least 1+ years using serverless architecture
• 5+ years of technology consulting or industry experience in data & analytics delivery
• 7+ years of progressive and diverse experience in data architecture (preferably on modern cloud data platforms) with unstructured data, Hadoop stack, data streaming, MPP architecture
• Effective communicator that can explain complex technical concepts to executives and business leaders
If you believe you have what it takes to be a successful member of our team, please apply now. We know your career is important to you and it’s important to us, too. This role is just the first step of a highly successful career we can help you build.
The time is right for you to join Deloitte. Get your career off to great start. What impact will you make?
Our shared values
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We’re also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mind¬set, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You? Apply by [insert date].
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.