Role Title: Business Data Analyst
This role is being offered on a permanent basis.
Are you comfortable liaising with business stakeholders to identify and document data and reporting processes?
Are you comfortable creating and updating detailed technical documentation of reporting processes and associated controls?
Are you organised, detail oriented, accountable, and an excellent collaborator?
Data and Analytics in AIB
AIB is a dynamic, diverse and fun place to work. We are changing from the inside out to become a bank people can believe in. And by people, we mean our employees as well as our customers. We back our customers and employees’ dreams and ambitions! We are investing in the future with a heavy focus on expanding the Data & Analytics Centre of Excellence – so it’s a great time to join and help shape and grow this function, as we become a data driven bank with best in class analytical capabilities. Within Data & Analytics you’ll experience a diverse workforce where everyone has the opportunity to reach their potential. We work in an agile environment that empowers its people, where your voice is heard and where you’ll be invested in to learn and grow along the way.
Are you comfortable working with business stakeholders to identify and document data quality requirements?
Are you comfortable creating SQL queries joining multiple complex tables together to identify data quality issues?
Are you organised, curious, meticulous and an excellent collaborator?
We’re looking for someone who:
- Create/review of detailed technical documents mapping out the business processes and data flows relating to regulatory and risk reporting processes
- Liaise with business stakeholders to obtain information, and confirmations
- Identify and document the critical data elements and management controls across the data lifecycle from system of record through to final consumption in regulatory reports
- Complete assessments of data platforms and reporting solutions to ensure that effective data management controls are in place and operating
- Maintain data dictionary for critical data elements to enable data understanding and transparency across data providers and data users
- Review and update internal data policies, standards and procedures ensuring they are complete, accurate and aligned to relevant external guidance, such as BCBS-239
Who are we?
We’re AIB. A strong Irish bank packed with purpose – to back our customers to achieve their dreams and ambitions. That goes for our employees too. We’re made of small teams where you have the chance to shine.
Why join us?
We are excited about how we have changed our focus. We want to be at the heart of our customers’ financial lives by giving them an exceptional experience. We are building a culture that breaks the conventions of what our customers and employees expect of a bank.
Does this sound like something that you want to be part of?
You will need to show us that you can/have:
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a data analyst or business analyst role.
- There is a preference for candidates qualified in or studying for business/process analysis, risk and control or audit qualifications.
- An understanding and experience of business/process analysis, data management controls or IT controls preferably in the context of Financial Services.
- An ability to collaborate with other teams including facilitating workshops.
If you feel you have what it takes, Click Apply and fill in the online application form. If you would like more information Philip Roche from the Talent Acquisition Team can help. You can contact them on email at .
By when? Closing date is 26th November 2021