Role Title: D&A Change – Senior Data Analyst
Location: Currently from home however post pandemic, we will have a hybrid approach to working, which will include a blend of onsite and remote working
This role is being offered on a permanent basis.
Data and Analytics in AIB
AIB is a dynamic, diverse and fun place to work. We are changing from the inside out to become a bank people can believe in. And by people, we mean our employees as well as our customers. We back our customers and employees’ dreams and ambitions! We are investing in the future with a heavy focus on expanding the Data & Analytics Centre of Excellence – so it’s a great time to join and help shape and grow this function, as we become a data driven bank with best in class analytical capabilities. Within Data & Analytics you’ll experience a diverse workforce where everyone has the opportunity to reach their potential. We work in an agile environment that empowers its people, where your voice is heard and where you’ll be invested in to learn and grow along the way.
The D&A Change department within Data & Analytics provides a critical service to the bank by driving delivery of a portfolio of change programmes in support of the prioritised business and regulatory needs. The department also seeks to identify opportunities to deliver sustainable process improvements where appropriate. The Senior Data Analyst, who reports to the Business Change Team Manager, plays a crucial role in this through identifying, understanding and documenting detailed data requirements for data quality technology and process change.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Interprets complex data analysis requirements and decides on the most appropriate solutions including resolving data gaps and anomalies.
- Identify and quantify data quality issues using data led analysis
- Provides direction and guidance to the wider team on the solution approach and design
- Presents analytical findings to senior stakeholders and provides data-driven insights to inform key business decisions.
- Will establish strong relationships with business partners and key stakeholders across the organisation to understand their requirements
- Support a continuous improvement culture within the organisation
- Support an environment where creative thinking is encouraged and developed
- Champions a Customer First culture in support of our Purpose, strategic ambition and Brand Values, by ensuring processes and procedures consistently promote good outcomes for all our customers.
Who are we?
We’re AIB. A strong Irish bank packed with purpose – to back our customers to achieve their dreams and ambitions. That goes for our employees too. We’re made of small teams where you have the chance to shine.
Why join us?
We are excited about how we have changed our focus. We want to be at the heart of our customers’ financial lives by giving them an exceptional experience. We are building a culture that breaks the conventions of what our customers and employees expect of a bank.
Does this sound like something that you want to be part of?
You will need to show us that you can/have:
- 5+ years data analyst experience within financial services organisations
- Highly numerate and passionate about data and analytics
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a strong knowledge of SQL
- Self-starter with ability to work on own initiative and strong attention to detail, completing tasks to a very high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to quickly adapt to new environments and to gain an understanding of new processes, applications and procedures
- Knowledge of the data quality challenges and impacts financial services organisations face and of solutions to sustainably address these
- Experience in data modelling and visualisation tools is an advantage
If you feel you have what it takes, Click Apply and fill in the online application form. If you would like more information Philip from the Talent Acquisition Team can help. You can contact them on by email at .
By when? Closing date is 30th November 2021