Location Name: Findlay, OH or San Antonio, TX
Job/Requisition ID: 62477
Education Level: Bachelor’s Desired
Relevant Experience Level: Mid Career (4-10 Years)
Employee Group: Regular – Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Salaried Exempt
This position offers an excellent opportunity to provide business value and real world impact for the Enterprise OT Cybersecurity group at MPC. The focus of this position is performing junior engineering and operational support for checkpoint firewalls. The role works closely with business partners and IT peers to ensure operational reliability and minimize our disruption of services to our control process environments. The successful candidate will be experienced with the latest checkpoint firewall firmware, operational principals, and have an ability to quickly assimilate information about MPC’s operating technology environments.
- Support and implement Check Point firewalls.
- Actively participate in the testing process to ensure a quality product is delivered in each and every change.
- Investigate and implement improvements in current firewall rule set when appropriate.
- Gather requirements and apply product upgrades as appropriate and train client base as needed. Address all issues in a timely fashion related to system supported.
- Ability to work, participate and contribute in a diverse team environment, and work closely and successfully with team members and business partners.
- Clearly communicate thoughts, ideas, specifications and requirements with business clients and technical developers using appropriate means of communication.
- Deliver results on time and on budget.
- Adhere to and maintain compliance with IT Standards and Policies governing system administration, governance and management of change.
- Secure Operation Technology environments.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Security+, Network+ or other beneficial certification
- Check Point Certified System Administrator certificate
- Solid critical thinking and problem-solving skills, consensus building, leadership capabilities, and drive for results will contribute to success.
- Strong understanding of Networking, Linux, Cybersecurity concepts, scripting languages (Perl, Python, etc.).
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation is a leading, integrated, downstream energy company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The company operates the nation’s largest refining system with more than 3 million barrels per day of crude oil capacity across 16 refineries. Marathon Petroleum’s marketing system includes branded locations across the United States, including Marathon branded outlets. Speedway LLC, a Marathon Petroleum subsidiary, owns and operates retail convenience stores across the United States. MPC also owns the general partner and majority limited partner interest in MPLX LP, a midstream company which owns and operates gathering, processing, and fractionation assets, as well as crude oil and light product transportation and logistics infrastructure.
Travel Expected: Up to 25%
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, click here.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in English or Spanish. Right to Work Statement English or Spanish.
To view benefit information for Marathon Petroleum Corporation please visit mympcbenefits.com.