Location Name: San Antonio, TX or Findlay, OH
Job/Requisition ID: 62523
Education Level: Bachelor’s Desired
Relevant Experience Level: Mid Career (4-10 Years)
Employee Group: Regular – Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Salaried Exempt
The Cybersecurity Analyst is a vital role that helps to provide assurance for Marathon’s critical assets and securely enables business functions. This role supports the business as a cybersecurity subject matter expert in a variety of ongoing projects, conducts risk assessments, coordinates cybersecurity administration changes, and liaises between subject matter experts for each applicable technology and internal clients. This role reports to Cybersecurity Operations leadership and works closely with senior Cybersecurity staff and MPC IT technical and business personnel across the company.
- Facilitates and prioritizes assigned work including but not limited to validating requests against standards and established operational procedures, facilitating changes to security appliances and solutions, risk assessments, waivers, ensuring authenticity and authorization of requests, and coordinating required changes with responsible subject matter experts
- Administration and management of firewall, endpoint security, email/web gateway, syslog and SIEM solutions.
- Respond to end user request and issues submitted to our ticket queue.
- Participate in projects to deliver security solutions based on defined architecture and requirements.
- Tracks and reports security administration metrics to management
- Acts as liaison between Cybersecurity and other internal organizations
- Participates in cybersecurity initiatives and incident response activities as needed
- Must be willing to travel as needed, less than 10%
The successful Cybersecurity Analyst:
- Maintains a positive, customer-centric attitude
- Has strong problem solving and organization skills
- Can build and maintain excellent relationships with internal customers
- Is a self-starter and able to regularly produce good results with minimum direct supervision
- Has strong presentation and communication skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field (Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Systems Security, Electrical Engineering, Physical Sciences) or 4+ years of experience in a technical, professional role.
- Understanding of OSI Model including TCP/IP routing, switching and subnetting.
- Packet capture and analysis
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages
- Experience with Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- Familiarity with cybersecurity principles
- Outstanding organizational and oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to quickly understand new technologies and concepts
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
- Ability to provide detailed reporting
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation is a leading, integrated, downstream energy company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The company operates the nation’s largest refining system with more than 3 million barrels per day of crude oil capacity across 16 refineries. Marathon Petroleum’s marketing system includes branded locations across the United States, including Marathon branded outlets. Speedway LLC, a Marathon Petroleum subsidiary, owns and operates retail convenience stores across the United States. MPC also owns the general partner and majority limited partner interest in MPLX LP, a midstream company which owns and operates gathering, processing, and fractionation assets, as well as crude oil and light product transportation and logistics infrastructure.
Travel Expected: Up to 10%
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, click here.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at email@example.com. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in English or Spanish. Right to Work Statement English or Spanish.
To view benefit information for Marathon Petroleum Corporation please visit mympcbenefits.com.