Requisition ID: 37306
Job Category: Information Technology
Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we see challenges evolving in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff, with experience in over 150 countries, to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
We're at the forefront of our clients' digital transformation journey, successfully implementing emerging digital services into our clients' projects and operations that unlock a step change in their performance. Join the team to improve project outcomes, leverage the digital twin, deliver systems integration and interoperability, and support decision-making, autonomous execution, and integrated operations and performance centers.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Cyber Security Specialist to join the Digital group in Mississauga.
Digital solutions have become a key component of the strategic direction and vision of today’s modern organizations. Hatch is at the forefront of successfully implementing emerging digital services into our clients’ projects and operations that can unlock a step change in their performance.
Join our diverse team and award-winning culture and be part of our clients’ digital transformation journey by working to define the best methods and making sure they are supported by the right technology and an enabled workforce. This journey will lead to improve project outcomes, being able to leverage the digital twin, systems integration and interoperability, support for decision-making, autonomous execution, and integrated operations and performance centers.
The successful candidate is an experienced and highly skilled information security professional with demonstrated hands-on experience in design, implementation and operation of system and application protections within ICT and Cloud environments. Specializing in technical assessments, architecture design and reviews, vulnerability and risk management, deployment strategies and threat analysis, the ideal candidate will combine a breadth of relevant experience with technical excellence to deliver effective, efficient and value-driven cyber security solutions while supporting ongoing operations.
The ideal candidate will possess strong communication, interpersonal and analytical skills, demonstrate integrity and commitment, and combine information security experience with service excellence including strong hands on skills.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Take a proactive leadership approach in maintaining and improving information security across the organization
- Investigate and develop technical solutions to address security issues and improve organizational security posture
- Lead the execution of cyber security projects
- Lead and participate in security architecture reviews
- Serve as a top-level escalation contact for technical issues
- Serve as a cyber security Subject Matter ExpertAdminister and help operate systems in support of organizational cyber security
- Assist in deployment and operational support of cyber security systems and processes including managing SIEM service provider and development of weekly performance standard verification reports
- Perform risk assessments and business impact analysis for new technologies and system implementation
- Coordinate and participate in incident response activities
- Participate in development and maintenance of cyber security policies, standards and guidelines
- Manage relationships with key partners
- Coach and mentor colleagues to further develop organizational cyber security capabilities
- Mentor staff to expand organizational cybersecurity awareness
- Remain abreast of and offer thought leadership on relevant industry and technology developments and trends with a view to maintaining and enhancing organizational security
You bring to the role:
- University degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering, Cyber Security or an equivalent combination of formal education and employment experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience in relevant sectors coupled with implementation of cyber security services and solutions
- A relevant industry certification (CISSP with an optional concentration, or a similar relevant recognized industry designation)
- Deep technical knowledge on IT technology, security technology, security threats and trends
- Proven experience in successfully applying digital technologies / solutions to a traditional working environment
- Demonstrated strong skills in supporting cloud infrastructure, networks, operating systems, and applications development processes
- Strong knowledge of identity management, authentication, and encryption
- Expertise in industry standards and best practices related to security engineering, network security and application security
- Knowledge of cyber threat risk assessments (penetration testing, vulnerability analysis, threat modelling, etc.)
- Expertise in delivering security architecture assessments for yet-to-be-built and existing assets
- Development of customized security solutions using commercial security countermeasures (IDS/IPS, SIEM, firewalls, email and web content control solutions, etc.)
- Technical cyber security exercise development and execution; mock audits
- Procurement language support and development of security-focused procurement specifications for pre-acquisition activities
- Ability to communicate effectively across different levels of the organization
- Experience in working with distributed teams of professionals
- Experience building and managing vendors and other-party relationships
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
As an accredited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Within Australia, supporting and encouraging a flexible workplace, we offer our employees comprehensive benefits, including up to 12 weeks leave per year as part of our Lifestyle Leave Program. If you have any special needs requirements, please discuss with us and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.