Make the most of your clinical skills at an organization that has earned numerous awards for clinical excellence. Based in Roanoke, VA, our community-based health care organization encompasses a comprehensive network of hospitals, primary and specialty physician practices, and other complementary services.
Responsible for leading the daily activities of the team(s). Ensures that team workload and project deadlines are met. Provides leadership and support to the team to facilitate team building, project management, 360 degree feedback. Provides input for employee evaluations and ensures on-boarding of new team members. Assists the director/manager with strategic and tactical planning and participates in hiring and budgeting processes
Play an important role with a regional leader that inspires better health through compassionate care, medical education and research, and neighborhood outreach. Realize the advantages of advancing your career with an organization where you can expect supportive leadership, state-of-the-art technological resources, inter-professional teamwork, and innovative learning.
Education: High school degree required. Associates/Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, healthcare business or equivalent experience required. Master’s degree preferred
Experience: Experience with technical project management, software and hardware preferred. Experience with client and vendor management preferred.
Licensure/certification: Valid Virginia drivers’ license required. Vendor and/or industry certifications/proficiencies as determined by management. ITIL V3 Foundation Certification preferred. PMP desired.
Other Minimum Qualifications:
- Works irregular and weekend work hours, with occasional overnight travel as needed. Participates in an on-call rotation to meet business needs.
- Completes annual professional development and required in-service education.
- Presents ideas and information to all audiences using well developed verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Intermediate word processing, spreadsheet, and project management PC software skills required.
- Demonstrates exceptional organizational skills.
- Practices reflective listening skills.
- Uses negotiating skills to resolve conflict and build cooperation.
- Completes multiple assignments within a given timeframe including assignments delegated to others.
- Develops meeting agendas, facilitates meetings, and records minutes as needed.
- Provides and ensures timely resolution to customer issues.
- Plans and works with others on joint projects, and coordinates with others to achieve team objectives.
- Oversees or leads complex projects or sub-projects.
- Provides leadership for team members.
Below are our core values that we strive to embody and expect of all our team members:
Collaboration: Working together with purpose to achieve shared goals.
Commitment: Unwavering in our quest for exceptional quality and service.
Compassion: Putting heart into everything we do.
Courage: Doing what’s right for our patients without question.
Curiosity: Fostering creativity and innovation in our pursuit of excellence.
Requisition Number: 78066
Employment Status: Full time
Location: CRMH – Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital
Shift Details: Primarily M-F. Evenings, Nights and Weekends may be needed for special projects.
Recruiter: JASON A BISHOP
Recruiter Phone: 540-983-4039
Recruiter Email: JABishop1@carilionclinic.org
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
This is Carilion Clinic …
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.