Requisition Number: 45677
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Our Optical Communications segment has recently evolved from being a manufacturer of optical fiber and cable, hardware and equipment to being a comprehensive provider of industry-leading optical solutions across the broader communications industry.This segment is classified into two main product groupings – carrier network and enterprise network. The carrier network product group consists primarily of products and solutions for optical-based communications infrastructure for services such as video, data and voice communications. The enterprise network product group consists primarily of optical-based communication networks sold to businesses, governments and individuals for their own use.
- Define Global Supply Chain strategies linked to the customer’s value, business strategies and regional supply chain strategies for Corning Optical Communications (COC).
- Evaluate and recommend how to optimize the global supply chain (End to End). All while managing capacity, capability, and cost opportunities within the supply chain to meet customer needs.
- Collaborate with customer to acquire understanding of customer value.
- Understand demand model and drive synchronization of orders.
- Represent the customer demand in forecast consensus meetings.
- Supervise and identify actions to improve forecast accuracy at customer level.
- NPI/product changes from customers – Managing cutover / inventory.
- Define Global customer replenishment strategy.
- Assess and drive evolution on customer access maturity model.
- Customer critical metric ownership/Business reviews/QBRs/Shared Scorecard.
- Lead decision analysis process to determine efficient manufacturing location(s).
- Host and facilitate global customer S&OP process to balance supply and demand.
- Collaborates with Regional Planners to ensure capacity strategies are implemented (trigger AR, etc.).
- Leverage Global Capacity to determine allocations.
- Define Global manufacturing capabilities.
- Collaborate with key suppliers and provide forecasting inputs.
- Identify and prioritize risk mitigation requirements.
- Prioritize cost reduction opportunities for GSM.
- Collaborate with Global logistics to build network design to support fulfillment strategy.
- Utilize Cost to Serve to understand and identify cost opportunities.
- Lead engagements with Customers using Lean Supply Chain.
- Process & network mapping.
- Develop and present strategy slides in 5 year plans.
- Provide weekly/bi-weekly customer updates.
- Annual Customer Supply Chain Plans.
- Bachelor of Science Degree, Supply Chain degree preferable.
- 8+ years’ experience in Manufacturing or SC Operations with a demonstrated track record of results.
- Supply chain strategy best practices and philosophy in optimizing operations (Capability).
- Understanding of process flow from fiber to finished solution (Capacity).
- Ability to align and build teams to deliver results (Influence). Able to get things done by influencing resources across the globe that are not direct reports and may have conflicting regional priorities.
- SAP knowledge and/or understanding.
- Understanding of product and regional demand.
- Financial acumen (understanding landed cost and VAT to drive decision making).
- Ability to simplify sophisticated situations and take care of ambiguity.
- Experience in project management and outstanding organization skills.
- Strong communications (particularly upward within a global organization), leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to influence a variety of key stakeholders.
- Ability to establish direction, work across multiple work streams, build strategy, and execute.
- A leader in impacting performance and delivery of internal service.
- Proven leadership and change management skills.
- Assertive with a strong results orientation.
- Minimum 25% travel time.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- MBA or Master’s degree
- Professional certification in supply chain management, operations, or engineering (APICS, PMP, Six Sigma)
- Charlotte, NC or Keller, TX
Are you ready for an exciting career with Corning Inc? Apply today!
This position does not support work authorization sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.