Requisition Number: 46821
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Our Optical Communications segment has recently evolved from being a manufacturer of optical fiber and cable, hardware and equipment to being a comprehensive provider of industry-leading optical solutions across the broader communications industry.This segment is classified into two main product groupings – carrier network and enterprise network. The carrier network product group consists primarily of products and solutions for optical-based communications infrastructure for services such as video, data and voice communications. The enterprise network product group consists primarily of optical-based communication networks sold to businesses, governments and individuals for their own use.
Customer Supply Chain Analyst
Reports to Global Supply Chain
The Customer Supply Chain Analyst is responsible for driving supply chain value for strategic customers by planning and executing to a high level of customer service/customer experience enabled by strong internal and external collaboration and communication. This role works in close collaboration internally with product line management, commercial (sales, CSRs, etc.), customer program team(s), and supply chain (SC) teams (plant and regional planners, supply chain managers, plant buyers/global supply management, logistics, etc.) to achieve customer service targets, enable revenue/profitability growth, and improve inventory/cash flow performance.
- Facilitate timely and effective SC communications and information flow across internal functions and external business partners supporting assigned customer(s)
- Lead/collaborate across functions on customer order management execution (keen attention to detail and sense of urgency)
- Proactively monitor/analyze customer fulfillment performance: customer backlog, undated orders, order tracking, inventory, and actions accordingly to meet customer service targets
- Lead/collaborate to mitigate risk and drive resolution or contingencies to avoid delays in delivery with the goal being to ship to target
- Work with PLM and commercial to identify and communicate customer priorities
- Monitor and identify actions to improve forecast accuracy at customer level
- Participate in forecast consensus meetings representing customer demand
- Work with customer to understand demand model and drive synchronization of orders
- Evaluate customer demand and supply to ensure appropriate capacity levels at work centers
- Support product changes, new product introduction (NPI) and customer transition plans
- Monitor and implement actions/strategies to maintain optimum inventory levels balancing supply chain inventory strategies and customer service metrics
- Manage customer/product metrics tracking and responsible for associated scorecards and reporting (internal and external)
- Support cost saving initiatives, lean initiatives, and process improvement or customer program projects.
- Support regional and global partnership meetings (S&OP)
- Assist in the development of supply chain strategy and roadmap
- Allocates customer demand between Corning and Contract Manufacturing (if applicable)
Required Education (minimum required for consideration):
- Bachelor’s Degree (Supply Chain, Business, or technical field)
Required Years and Area of Experience:
- 2+ years of Supply Chain (or equivalent) experience
- Values diversity of people and ideas
- Results oriented and self-motivated, with ability to work independently in a dynamic, business and manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated decision making, influencing, negotiation, and conflict management/problem solving skills and ability to drive results through others (inside the function and outside the function)
- Strong customer focus: able to gather and understand customer requirements and objectives
- Capable of prioritizing and executing on multiple priorities
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and solve complex process problems
- Strong communication and presentation skills, ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to use lean techniques
- Strong SAP experience (Production, Planning and Scheduling)
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- APICs or Institute for Supply Management (ISM) certifications
CPIM, CSCP, CPSM, C.P.M., A.P.P., etc.