Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Customer Success Executive is a customer-facing role that ensures our largest customers are wildly successful in delivering on their critical business objectives through leveraging their current Lumen solutions. This is accomplished by viewing our products from the customers’ perspective, monitoring early indicators of customer health, proactively addressing their concerns, and helping them better use our technology to meet their corporate goals and objectives. With established trust and loyalty, this role seeks to naturally progress and expand the partnership through identifying potential up-sell and cross-sell opportunities and engages sales accordingly.
The Main Responsibilities
- Build long-term, value-based relationships with decisionmakers and influencers to understand the customer’s landscape and establish loyalty
- Manage overall customer metrics, including usage data, health indicators and renewal dates to align with customer objectives
- Evaluate product and portal adoption maturity level to address roadblocks and provide best practices and a prescriptive approach to address needs
- Construct and implement a customer success plan across all steps of the lifecycle, setting expectations for each milestone, ensuring personalized value, and driving positive customer experience to achieve desired outcomes
- Recognize opportunities for expansion based on knowledge of the Lumen portfolio, partnering with sales as necessary
- Implement revenue management practices driving accountability and goal alignment, revenue retention and growth strategies including value realization, renewal execution, risk management and customer growth
- Manage risks to customer success, identify root causes, define and activate solutions, and deploy cross-functional support to resolve
- Partner with sales, delivery & support to set proper expectations and ensure successful deployment of solutions and services
- Responsible for defining and executing renewal strategy via clear alignment of customer priorities and roadmap, incorporating on-net migrations, managing writedowns positively impacting Lumen profit margins
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Experience: 7+ years customer success or account management experience
- Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in working with complex, Fortune 500, multi-divisional, international customer
- Comfortable presenting, consulting, and advising at C-level and other executives
- Assertive verbal and written communications skills with ability to build strategic relationships (deep and wide) within organizations
- Ability to work closely with the customer and effectively negotiate directly with the customer and internally on their behalf
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate data into customer insights and leverage with customer engagement strategies
- Experience in collaborating and guiding cross-functional teams (e.g. Sales, Product, Marketing, Service Delivery)
- Brings strong technology and data networking knowledge with technical aptitude to stay current in evolving technology sector
- Effective and confident decision making based on business and financial principles
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite
What to Expect Next
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Requisition #: 256154
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.