Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Customer Success Consultant is a customer-facing role aligned to our large and mid-market enterprise customer segment, driving customer value and success through optimal utilization of Lumen solutions. This is accomplished by ensuring customers realize and experience value from Lumen, monitoring indicators of customer health, addressing customer concerns, and helping them better use our technology/products to meet their corporate goals and objectives. With established trust and loyalty, this role seeks to naturally progress and expand the partnership through identifying potential up-sell and cross-sell opportunities and engaging sales accordingly.
The Main Responsibilities
- Construct and implement customer success plans, driving customer value realization
- Manage customer metrics, including usage data, health indicators, and renewal dates in alignment with objectives
- Evaluate product and portal adoption maturity level and address roadblocks leveraging digital marketing slicks, adoption articles and other templates
- Build value-based relationships with customers to optimize CS plays while leveraging self-service
- Share thought leadership with customers based on needs resulting in strengthened customer trust
- Identify and qualify opportunities for expansion, partnering closely with sales
- Implement revenue management practices driving accountability and goal alignment; revenue retention and growth strategies including value realization, renewal execution, risk management and customer growth
- Manage risks to customers’ success, identify root causes, define and activate solutions, and deploy cross-functional support to resolve
- Onboard new customers and partner with sales, delivery & support to ensure successful deployment of solutions and services including bill reviews and audits
- Define and execute renewal methodology aligned with customer priorities to positively impact profit margins
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Experience: 5+ years customer success or account management experience
- Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience working with large and medium enterprise customers
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to build strategic relationships within customer accounts
- Ability to work closely with the customer and effectively negotiate directly with the customer and internally on their behalf
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate data into customer insights and leverage with customer engagement strategies
- Experience in collaborating and guiding cross-functional teams (e.g. Sales, Product, Marketing, Service Delivery)
- Brings technology and data networking knowledge with technical aptitude to stay current in evolving technology sector
- Effective and confident decision making based on business and financial principles
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite
What to Expect Next
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Requisition #: 257079
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.